'''Basic Trope''': A person compliments themselves while disguised as someone else.
* '''Straight''': Bob is disguised as Charlie. When Alice mentions Bob, "Charlie" pretends never to have met him, but adds that he's heard Bob is a great guy.
* '''Exaggerated''': "Charlie" goes on at length about how Bob must be so brave, strong, good-looking, brilliant, talented, kind to animals, good at darts, [[HypocriticalHumor modest]]...
** "Charlie" agrees with nice things other people say about Bob, but doesn't volunteer any himself.
** "Charlie" says nice things about Bob, but things that ''are'' true, and never more than that.
** When other people insult Bob, "Charlie" says that he isn't ''that'' bad.
** Bob is in disguise so he can find out what his friends really think of him. He says nice things about himself to see if they'll disagree.
** Bob is impersonating one of his close friends; it would raise suspicions if "Charlie" didn't at least defend Bob when insulted.
** Bob insults himself to preserve his cover.
** "Charlie" insults Bob to the point that "Charlie" is clearly an outlet for Bob's self loathing.
** Alice insults Bob in the presence of Charlie, who looks like Bob in disguise. Charlie defends Bob. And then Bob walks into the room, and Charlie says "Can you believe what she was saying about you?"
** Alice insults Bob while he's present as "Charlie", but he doesn't respond.
* '''Double Subverted''': At least not until later, when he takes her aside to ask why she hates a great guy like Bob so much.
** "Charlie" reacts with obvious hostility to the smallest insult to Bob, and several times refers to Bob in the first person.
** Charlie walks in and immediately starts praising Bob, causing everyone else to roll their eyes at the obvious trickery... Then Bob walks in a few minutes later and says "Hey, [[IdenticalStranger Charlie!]]"
* '''Zig Zagged''':
** "Charlie" is Bob's attempt to make himself sound good, but he starts to get the impression that Alice [[AllGirlsWantBadBoys likes Bad Boys]], and starts trying to describe Bob as such. He gets carried away and quickly becomes a mouthpiece for Bob's insecurities - when Alice berates "Charlie" for being cruel, he goes too far the other way and gives her the impression that the two of them are ''really good'' friends...
** Bob has numerous false identities, and he expresses various opinions of himself with them.
** "Charlie" defends most of Bob's actions, except for the ones that he regrets.
* '''Averted''': Nobody talks about Bob while "Charlie" is around.
* '''Enforced''': "We don't want viewers to think Bob is a MasterOfDisguise. Have him slip up and praise himself while he's posing as Charlie."
* '''Lampshaded''': "You know, Bob, your disguises would be a lot more effective if you didn't go around telling everyone that Bob is the most amazing man you know."
* '''Invoked''': Alice knows it's Bob in disguise, and decides to mess with his head by loudly saying how ugly she thinks Bob is.
* '''Exploited''': Alice knows that Bob is a MasterOfDisguise, and insults him whenever she thinks he might be present so he'll reveal himself by his reaction.
* '''Defied''': "As Charlie, I'm not even supposed to know who Bob is! I'll react as if they're talking about a total stranger."
* '''Discussed''': "That's obviously Bob in disguise. Let's see how he reacts if we trash-talk him."
* '''Conversed''': "Oh. The disguised person compliments their real self. [[DeadpanSnarker What a clever, original joke.]]"
* '''Deconstructed''': Bob is insecure and can't stand to hear anything bad about himself. He's a terrible spy because he always blows his cover by complimenting himself while in disguise.
* '''Reconstructed''': ...Which is part of his KansasCityShuffle-he's mainly a decoy for the ''real'' spies, and he's an ''excellent'' operative otherwise.
* '''Played For Laughs''': "Charlie" is humorously blatant in praising Bob.
* '''Played For Drama''':
** (Continued from first Justified) This is yet one more demonstration of Bob's [[FatalFlaw ego]]. He can't bear to hear himself badmouthed, and when he exposes himself to his friends by constantly trying to compliment someone "Charlie" shouldn't really care about, he lets his friends know exactly how much he doesn't trust them.
** Bob uses his Charlie identity to [[EvilGloating brag about his horrible deeds]], and disguise them as warnings.
No, I've never been to ButHeSoundsHandsome...but it sounds like that's a great trope page.
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???