'''Basic Trope''': A person compliments themselves while disguised as someone else.
* '''Straight''': Bob is disguised as Charlie. When Alice mentions Bob, "Charlie" pretends never to have met him, but adds that he's heard Bob is a great guy.
* '''Exaggerated''': "Charlie" goes on at length about how Bob must be so brave, strong, good-looking, brilliant, talented, kind to animals, good at darts, [[HypocriticalHumor modest]]...
** "Charlie" agrees with nice things other people say about Bob, but doesn't volunteer any himself.
** "Charlie" Says nice things about Bob, but things that ''are'' true, and never more than that.
* '''Justified''': Bob is in disguise so he can find out what his friends really think of him. He says nice things about himself to see if they'll disagree.
* '''Inverted''': Bob insults himself to preserve his cover.
* '''Subverted''': Alice insults Bob while he's present as "Charlie", but he doesn't respond.
* '''Double Subverted''': At least not until later, when he takes her aside to ask why she hates a great guy like Bob so much.
** "Charlie" reacts with obvious hostility to the smallest insult to Bob, and several times refers to Bob in the first person.
** Charlie walks in and immediately starts praising Bob, causing everyone else to roll their eyes at the obvious trickery... Then Bob walks in a few minutes later and says "Hey, [[IdenticalStranger Charlie!]]"
* '''Zig Zagged''': "Charlie" is Bob's attempt to make himself sound good, but he starts to get the impression that Alice [[AllGirlsWantBadBoys likes Bad Boys]], and starts trying to describe Bob as such. He gets carried away and quickly becomes a mouthpiece for Bob's insecurities - when Alice berates "Charlie" for being cruel, he goes too far the other way and gives her the impression that the two of them are ''really good'' friends...
* '''Averted''': Nobody talks about Bob while "Charlie" is around.
* '''Enforced''': ???
* '''Lampshaded''': "You know, Bob, your disguises would be a lot more effective if you didn't go around telling everyone that Bob is the most amazing man you know."
* '''Invoked''': Alice knows it's Bob in disguise, and decides to mess with his head by loudly saying how ugly she thinks Bob is.
* '''Exploited''': Alice knows that Bob is a MasterOfDisguise, and insults him whenever she thinks he might be present so he'll reveal himself by his reaction.
* '''Defied''': "As Charlie, I'm not even supposed to know who Bob is! I'll react as if they're talking about a total stranger."
* '''Discussed''': "That's obviously Bob in disguise. Let's see how he reacts if we trash-talk him."
* '''Conversed''': ???
* '''Deconstructed''': Bob is insecure and can't stand to hear anything bad about himself. He's a terrible spy because he always blows his cover by complimenting himself while in disguise.
* '''Reconstructed''': ...Which is part of his KansasCityShuffle-he's mainly a decoy for the ''real'' spies, and he's an ''excellent'' operative otherwise.
* '''Played For Laughs''': "Charlie" is humorously blatant in praising Bob.
No, I've never been to ButHeSoundsHandsome...but it sounds like that's a great trope page.
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???