'''Basic Trope''': A character that eats enough to feed a whole football team.
* '''Straight''': For one meal, Alice eats plates of food that are put in front of her.
** Alice eats the amount of food the average person gets in a month.... and that's just her first meal.
** Alice eats all the food in the city, and she's '''still hungry!'''
** Alice [[ExtremeOmnivore eats]] the [[PlanetEater entire]] [[ApocalypseHow planet]].
** Alice never misses meals, and always orders the largest things on the menu.
** Alice eats a ton once or twice but doesn't regularly overeat.
** Alice needs to eat a lot of food to fulfill her RequiredSecondaryPowers.
** Alternatively, Alice is obese.
** Alice is an athlete who needs all the calories she can eat.
** Alice has a case of [[DrugsAreBad the munchies.]]
** Alice is a [[MagicAIsMagicA magic-user]], or has KiAttacks, or PsychicPowers which require her to take in extra calories.
** Alice is a [[AttackOfTheFiftyFootWhatever giantess]] living amongst humans, and her size requires a lot of food.
** Alice is pregnant.
** Alice used to be anorexic and is now eating tons of calories to try to resume a normal body shape.
** Alice is a KidHero in the middle of a growth spurt.
** Alice is an anorexic.
** Alice eats barely enough to stay alive.
** Alice regularly ForgetsToEat.
* '''Subverted''': Alice is shown eating pounds and pounds of food. When asked why she ate so much, it was because she was starving for many days.
* '''Double Subverted''': ... Until Alice is shown eating that amount the next day.
** A bad guy tries to use ironic torture, feeding Alice a literal mountain of food. The scene changes and returns five minutes later to show Alice, happily wiping crumbs off, next to the space where the mountain used to be.
** Alice eats at a restaurant and the camera cuts to the inside of the kitchen showing the chefs struggling to keep up with Alice's excessive orders or running out of ingredients and rushing to get more.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Alice eats heavily one meal, then eats very little the next. Then she eats all the food in a restaurant. Then she doesn't eat at all.
* '''Averted''': Alice eats the amount of an average woman her age.
* '''Enforced''': The show has a ProductPlacement deal with a fast food chain.
* '''Lampshaded''': "Wow Alice, haven't you noticed that you're eating a bit too much?"
* '''Invoked''': "Hmm, if we disguise the vegetables as pizza and junk food, Alice will actually eat something healthy!"
** Alice's enemy poisons the supply of Alice's TrademarkFavoriteFood, confident in the knowledge that she will be the one to eat it.
** Alice is given the choice to either eat a plate or food, or a whole table of food. She choses the plate.
** "Of course I won't eat that much food! What do I look like?!"
* '''Discussed''': "Have you noticed that Alice eats more than a normal person would per day?"
* '''Conversed''': "The food buget for this series must be enormous. Look at how much the actress playing Alice is packing away, and the other heroes aren't far behind!"
** Alice was left in a room with a huge table of food, when they came back, it was gone.
** Alice goes to a restaurant. The waiter asks her if she'd like her usual, or if she ''only'' wants half the items on the menu.
** Alice's eating causes a localized food shortage, and therefore famine.
** Her eating has serious health repercussions later down the road such as obesity and high cholesterol.
** Alice is [[IJustWantToHaveFriends lonely]], and eats a lot to fill the void in her life.
** Alice consums a inhumanly large amount of food at once and gets sick because her stomach can't hold that much food.
** Alice has Prader-Willi Syndrome, which is a condition where the hypothalamus, which controls appetite, malfunctions, making the one who has it feel like he or she is starving no matter how much or often they eat.
** Alice is a world-famous eating contest champion, and practices every day by consuming large amounts of food to expand her stomach, and drinking loads of water and exercising a lot to burn all the extra calories away.
** Alice does her best to resist eating too much.
** Alternatively, Alice finds a food known for being extremely filling, and eats mostly this.
** Alice has an incredibly fast metabolism, and can eat quite a bit without gaining weight.
* '''Played For Drama''':
** Alice is bulimic or has Binge Eating disorder.
** One of Alice's friend's meals is poisoned. Alice doesn't stop at her own meal, and eats her friend's poisoned meal, inadvertently saving him.
** Alice's over eating is caused by serious emotional problems.
* '''Played For Laughs''': Alice casually goes to a restaurant and orders ridiculous amounts of food. The other guests all stare in astonishment, but the waiters simply make "Oh, not again" expressions.
Stop eating and go back to BigEater for your second course.
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???