'''Basic Trope''': A ghost appears in a form resembling transparent, white linen.
* '''Straight''': The ghost looks like a flying white bedsheet with two eye holes.
* '''Exaggerated''': It is formal ghostly etiquette for them to appear as a white bedsheet.
* '''Downplayed''': The ghost only uses the bedsheet form sporadically.
* '''Justified''': This is the default form for ghosts and he can't help that.
* '''Inverted''': He is white like a bedsheet all over, but otherwise looks like an actual person.
* '''Subverted''': The bedsheet is just a trick or a normal person in a bedsheet cloth.
* '''Double Subverted''': And then it turns out he was confused for the real ghost, [[WrongGenreSavvy which his pals mistake for him doing the trick again.]]
* '''Parodied''': The ghost uses the bedsheet disguise [[ForHalloweenIAmGoingAsMyself so he can go out and enjoy Halloween.]]
* '''Zig Zagged''': The ghost tries to don many different forms, but ultimately settles on this form.
* '''Averted''': The ghosts just looks like how [[JacobMarleyApparel they did in real life.]]
* '''Enforced''': The bedsheet ghost is used simply because its an audience expectation and [[BoringButPractical simple and clear to describe.]]
* '''Lampshaded''': "They were having a sale at the thrift shop, so I made due with what I could get."
* '''Invoked''': The ghost takes on this form because that's what people expect him to look like.
* '''Exploited''': The ghost disguises himself as an ''actual'' bedsheet so he can play a prank on someone, especially the "hide under the covers" type.
* '''Defied''': A friend of the ghost suggests disguising himself as this, but scoffs at the idea as silly and cliche.
* '''Discussed''': "Did you see that sap down the street wearing a blanket as a costume? His ma's a real cheapskate."
* '''Conversed''': ???
* '''Deconstructed''': He needs to use a piece of cloth or else nobody would even be able to see him when needed, and he wants to prevent being a disembodied voice.
* '''Played For Laughs''':
** The bedsheet is full of holes, or the ghost is ridiculed for his [[NightmareRetardant laughably simple appearance.]]
** The ghost pretends to be a person in disguise, and surprises everyone when it's revealed theres nothing under the bedsheet.
* '''Played For Drama''': The ghost uses the bedsheet because his real appearance is [[YouCannotGraspTheTrueForm absolutely terrifying]], [[AFormYouAreComfortableWith and so his guests will be slightly more comfy around him.]]
Back to BedsheetGhost
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Intended Audience Reaction''': ???