'''Basic Trope''': A character grows to a gigantic height.
* '''Straight''': After being exposed to a [[GreenRocks radioactive meteor]] Alice grows to 50 feet tall.
* '''Exaggerated''': After being exposed to a [[GreenRocks radioactive meteor]] Alice becomes bigger than the Earth itself.
* '''Downplayed''': After being exposed to a [[GreenRocks radioactive meteor]] Alice grows to twice her own size (11 feet tall).
** Growing to an enormous height is Alice's superpower.
** Or the radioactive meteor can make ANYONE grow to 50 feet.
* '''Inverted''': After being exposed to a radioactive meteor Alice [[IncredibleShrinkingMan shrinks to a doll size]].
* '''Subverted''': After a short time, Alice shrinks back to her normal height.
* '''Double Subverted''':...but she starts growing again soon after.
** Alice suffers clothing damage from her increased size, and desperately tries to hide her giant self from prying eyes.
** Alice fights a giant, fire-breathing hamster.
** A 50-foot specimen of a "whatever" attacks Alice's city.
** The "whatever" is something ridiculous like a roll of toilet paper or a slice of pizza.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Alice goes through a series of growing and shrinking spurts.
* '''Averted''': After Alice was exposed to a radioactive meteor, nothing happened.
* '''Enforced''': "We need a transformation sequence, but I can't be bothered to design a new animal. Let's just make her bigger!"
* '''Lampshaded''': "I suppose now you expect me to climb up a building and fight some airplanes?"
* '''Invoked''': Alice develops a chemical that will make her grow.
* '''Exploited''': Bob sees Alice growing and immediately calls the army claiming an unrelated disaster, knowing that the growth could cause issues.
* '''Defied''': After a meteor falls near her, Alice run away fearing that it may be radioactive, causing her some mutation.
* '''Discussed''': "Gee, that radioactive meteor looks like the kind of thing that creates giant monsters."
* '''Conversed''': "Wow, Alice became a giantess from that radioactive meteor. [[SarcasmMode Never seen]] ''[[SarcasmMode that]]'' [[SarcasmMode one before]]."
* '''Implied''': Alice has been reported missing, there is a giant hole through her roof, and ginormous footprints have been found in the local area.
** Due to Alice's enormous size, she's treated as a monster by everybody, despite being just a very big girl. The government wants to kill her even if she hasn't harmed anybody. This prompts Alice to become resentful and hate the human race, going on a rampage, ravaging several cities in the process, until she's taken down by military forces.
** Due to the SquareCubeLaw, Alice's massive size causes her serious health problems and even a small fall for her causes massive injuries; Scientists realise that unless this is reversed soon, she will most likely die from her condition.
** Alice uses her size to help people, such as rescuing people from burning buildings, capturing criminals effortlessly and making her town a better place, earning everybody's gratitude and respect.
** Or, to compensate for the SquareCubeLaw, Alice becomes exponentially ''[[RequiredSecondaryPowers stronger]]'', meaning that she can support her own weight.
* '''Played For Laughs''':
** Nobody can fall asleep around Alice, because her snoring is as loud as a jet engine.
** Bob is wondering where the sounds of thunder are coming from when the sky is clear and blue. It turns out it was just Alice's stomach rumbling, because she was hungry.
Back to AttackOfThe50FootWhatever... and quickly! We're callin' in the Army on this baby. [[AggressiveNegotiations And it ain't gonna be pretty]].
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???