'''Basic Trope''': A character grows to a gigantic height
* '''Straight''': After being exposed to a [[GreenRock radioactive meteor]] Alice grows to 50 foot
* '''Exaggerated''': After being exposed to a [[GreenRock radioactive meteor]] Alice becomes bigger than Earth itself
* '''Downplayed''': After being exposed to a [[GreenRock radioactive meteor]] Alice grows to twice her own size (11'00")
** Growing to an enormous height is Alice's superpower.
** Or the radioactive meteor can make ANYONE grow to 50 feet
* '''Inverted''': After being exposed to a radioactive meteor Alice [[IncredibleShrinkingMan shrinks to a doll size]]
* '''Subverted''': After a short time, Alice shrinks back to her normal height
* '''Double Subverted''':...but she starts growing again soon after.
** Alice grows bigger then the Universe itself.
** Alice suffers clothing damage from her increased size, and desperatly tries to hide her giant self from prying eyes
** Alice fights a giant, fire-breathing hamster.
** A 50-foot specimen of a "whatever" attacks Alice's city
* '''Zig Zagged''': Alice goes through a series of growing and shrinking spurts.
* '''Averted''': After Alice was exposed to a radioactive meteor, nothing happened.
* '''Enforced''': "We need a transformation sequence, but I can't be bothered to design a new animal. Let's just make her bigger!"
* '''Lampshaded''': "I suppose now you expect me to climb up a building and fight some airplanes?"
* '''Invoked''': Alice develops a chemical that will make her grow.
* '''Exploited''': Bob sees Alice growing and immediately calls the army claiming an unrelated disaster, knowing that the growth could cause issues.
* '''Defied''': After a meteor falls near her, Alice run away fearing that it may be radioactive, causing her some mutation.
* '''Discussed''': "Gee, that radioactive meteor looks like the kind of thing that creates giant monsters."
* '''Conversed''': "Wow, Alice became a giantess from that radioactive meteor. [[SarcasmMode Never seen]] ''[[SarcasmMode that]]'' [[SarcasmMode one before]]."
* '''Implied''': Alice has been reported missing, there is a giant hole through her roof, and ginormous footprints have been found in the local area.
** Due to Alice's enormous size, she's treated as a monster by everybody, despite being just a very big girl. The goverment wants to kill her even if she hasn't harmed anybody. This prompts Alice to become resentful and hate the human race, going in a rampage, ravaging several cities in the process, until she's taken down by military forces.
** Due to the SquareCubeLaw, Alice's massive size causes her serious health problems and even a small fall for her causes massive injuries; Scientists realise that unless this is reversed soon, she will most likely die from her condition.
** Alice uses her size to help people, such as rescuing people from burning buildings, capturing criminals effortlessly and making her town a better place, earning everybody's gratitude and respect.
** Or, to compensate for the SquareCubeLaw, Alice becomes exponentially ''[[RequiredSecondaryPowers stronger,]]'' meaning that she can support her own weight.
* '''Played For Laughs''':
** Nobody can fall asleep around Alice, because her snoring is as loud as a jet engine.
** Bob is wondering where the sounds of thunder are coming from when the sky is clear and blue. It turns out it was just Alice´s stomach rumbling, because she was hungry.
Back to AttackOfThe50FootWhatever...and quickly! We're callin' in the Army on this baby. [[AggressiveNegotiations And it ain't gonna be pretty.]]
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???