'''Basic Trope''': Someone, usually Badass, is present on the summit a pile of bodies, usually Mooks
* '''Straight''': Hiro stands triumphant atop a pile of comatose mooks as tall as he is.
* '''Exaggerated''': Emperor Evilz is literally standing on the summit of a mountain made out of heros he himself has slain.
* '''Downplayed''': Bob sits on the 3 guards he just knocked out and put into a pile.
* '''Justified''': Evilz needed some higher ground, [[OneManArmy so he improvised.]]
* '''Inverted''': Evilz digs a pit and fills it with all the corpses he made.
** Bob has to dig his way out from ''beneath'' a pile of corpses.
* '''Subverted''': A huge pile of corpses is shown mouldering on screen… with Evilz next to it, [[BodyCountCompetition counting his score]].
* '''Double Subverted''': Hiro dives in out of nowhere and poses on the corpses, yelling a heroic challenge to Evilz.
** Evilz is so worn out by all the murdering and carrying of bodies that he collapses into a panting heap as soon as he reaches the summit.
** Evilz makes a couch-fort out of the bodies.
* '''Zig Zagged''': ???
* '''Averted''': Corpses or nor corpses, no piles of such are seen or posed on.
* '''Enforced''': It’s part of a cover homaging Frank Franzetta, complete with BarbarianHero and a [[LegCling mostly-naked woman hanging on to him.]]
* '''Lampshaded''': “ICanSeeMyHouseFromHere!
* '''Invoked''': The above enforcement.
** Hiro uses the pile of bodies as a wall, with mooks as the mortar. [[ThreeHundred And the brick.]] [[DepartmentOfRedundancyDepartment and the stone…]]
** Bob, after [[RedshirtArmy his side was defeated]] in a very one-sided battle, poses atop a pile of his former comrades and bawls a [[ToThePain horrifying challenge]] in order to scary away the soldiers about to attack him.
* '''Defied''': “Piles of corpses just don’t happen. As soon as you’re halfway done everyone gets the message and runs off!”
* '''Discussed''': [[DueToTheDead “Is it rude to make towers from corpses instead of burying them there?]]”
* '''Conversed''': “We’re getting all conan up in this!
* '''Played For Laughs''': A janitor walks into the building with all those corpses, and angrily demands Evilz cleans it up, much to the latter’s chagrin.
* '''Played For Drama'''
** Hiro sits comfortably atop all the bodies. [[NightOfTheLivingMooks Then they begin to reanimate…]]
** Hirto makes one of these piles out of knocked-out mooks, but the sheer weight of all those people causes some of them to be crushed to death when they could have survived, and he’s charged with manslaughter.
Climb back AtopAMountainOfCorpses. Just mind the bodies.
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Deconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???