'''Basic Trope''': Enemy that splits into smaller ones when killed.
* '''Straight''': After killing a [[BlobMonster Purple Blob]], it splits into 2 smaller independent Black Blobs.
** After killing a Red Blob, it splits into 2 Orange Blobs which each split into 2 Yellow Blobs when killed which each splits into 2 Green Blobs when killed which split into 2 Blue Blobs when killed which split into 2 Purple Blobs when killed and which finally split into 2 Black Blobs when killed.
** Alternatively, after a Noise Blob is killed, it splits into 300 smaller independent Black Blobs.
** Alternatively, every monster type in the game splits into smaller monsters when killed.
* '''Downplayed''': An enemy falls apart when killed and parts are still able to hurt you briefly, but don't become independent enemies.
** Blobs in the game are very small and each part takes 10 minutes to start independently moving and there's a large biological description given on how they do that.
** It's a logical extension of regenerating FromASingleCell.
* '''Inverted''': After a Grey Cubecircuit is killed, it turns translucent until another Grey Cubecircuit is killed in which case they join together and start attacking the player a a single enemy.
* '''Subverted''': After a Purple Blob is killed, it turns into 3 black chunks of slime which move a bit at first but then just stay on the ground.
* '''Double Subverted''': After a Purple Blob is killed, it turns into 3 black chunks of slime which move a bit at first but then just stay on the ground. However, later, when reentering the cave they were in, they're very much alive and try to attack the player.
* '''Parodied''': The Hero finds himself fighting so many endless dividing blobs that he stabs himself, only to split into two different heroes.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Only some Purple Blobs split into two Black Blobs. The other simply dies.
* '''Averted''': After killing a Purple Blob, it is simply killed.
* '''Enforced''': ???
* '''Lampshaded''': ???
* '''Invoked''': Dr. Goldstein attempts to create a monster which splits into multiple individuals in case it gets killed.
* '''Exploited''': Purple Blob kills itself to split into 2 smaller Black Blobs so it could hunt the player if it has retreated into tight caverns.
* '''Defied''': Bob crushed a Purple Blob with a stone block, crushing it and preventing from splitting into smaller parts.
* '''Discussed''': "I wish I had the ability to split into two if I was killed."
* '''Conversed''': ???
** Main villain the Great Chohmelrae Blob who rules over all other blobs, has split into 4 smaller parts before killing a hero in his HopelessBossFight. However, there will be now a conflict between different parts of the Great Chohmelrae Blob.
** The blobs overrun the entire planet because they can't easily be contained.
** The separate blobs are part of a HiveMind that is able to reconstruct itself back into one.
** The blobs may split when they're killed, [[LogicalWeakness but they're still subject to starvation.]] They eventually die out when they run out of food
Back to AsteroidsMonster
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???