'''Basic Trope''': A list of 3 or more things ends on the weakest point.
* '''Straight''': Alice is listing off a number of reasons not to date Bob. It goes as follows: "He drinks a lot, he's a philanderer, and he leaves the toilet seat up."
** "He's killed every girlfriend he's had, he sells heroin to children, and his haircut makes his ears look big."
** "He's sentenced to jail for life imprisonment because of mass murder, but he escaped, he's on the FBI top ten most wanted list, and he wears a silly hat."
* '''Downplayed''': "He doesn't say 'please' or 'thank you', he snaps at people for every slight, and he only eats his pasta with marinara sauce."
** For some twisted reason, leaving the toilet seat up is really the worst crime in Alice's book.
** Alternative: Alice is listing the reasons by order of priority, and the next-to-last item is notably worse than the last.
** Alternative: [[ItMakesSenseInContext The toilet seat is secretly a device which activates a killer blades if it's been set up for too long which would kill any unsuspecting person going to the toilet]].
* '''Inverted''': See BreadEggsMilkSquick
* '''Subverted''': "He drinks a lot, he's a philanderer, and he leaves the toilet seat up...then he beat his last girlfriend with said toilet seat."
* '''Double Subverted''': "...''And'' his haircut makes his ears look big!"
* '''Parodied''': Carol and Diane are listening as Alice lists off her reasons. They react with casual indifference as the allegations the he drinks a lot and cheats, but react with incredible shock when they find out he leaves the toilet seat up.
* '''Zig Zagged''': "...and he beat his last girlfriend. ''And'' he has a silly haircut! ''And'' I think he does heroin! ''And''..."
* '''Averted''': All of the items on the list are equally bad, or equally trivial problems.
** "Well, we're almost out of comedy gags...how about the standard 'long list' where the last item is weak?"
** "It's a lighthearted show, we can't have this list of horrible things without something to break the tension."
* '''Lampshaded''': "[[SarcasmMode Wow, you've really got your priorities in order.]]"
* '''Invoked''': "So, Alice, why won't you date Bob again?"
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': "I know he leaves the toilet seat up, but in the grand scheme of things, it's not that important."
* '''Discussed''': "If you want to be truly convincing, be sure to always end on the strongest note. The other way around is just silly."
* '''Conversed''': "Why did she include that last thing last? That doesn't seem so bad."
** Alice's priorities are so incredibly screwed up that she's unable to see the forest through the trees...
** See also: JaywalkingWillRuinYourLife
* '''Reconstructed''': Alice is just being humourous, and people realize that.
* '''Played For Drama''': Bob when listing his own crimes mentioning jaywalking, which shows he doesn't see any difference between murder and jaywalking.
First you must cross a mountain, then you must cross a river, then you must go back to ArsonMurderAndJaywalking.
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???