'''Basic Trope''': A character who is destined to end the world but does not want to.
* '''Straight''': Alice is the antichrist, but she likes humanity.
* '''Exaggerated''': Alice the EldritchAbomination and the Devil him/herself is practically MessianicArchetype who tries to please humanity and stops TheEndOfTheWorldAsWeKnowIt that she is destined to bring forth, even becoming a full-blown ChristFigure in the process.
* '''Downplayed''': Satan mentions that Alice is destined to destroy the world... but she goes back to whatever she was doing before and it never comes up again.
** ThePowerOfLove shows her that HumansAreSpecial.
** Alice has free will, and ended up being raising by caring parents.
** Alice is lazy and doesn't want to have to do all that work .
** Alice has made friends with some of the humans.
** Alice thinks that destroying humanity is utterly pointless and doesn't see anything to gain from it.
** Alice is every bit as evil as she's supposed to be, but has decided that there's enough bad in the world that it's actually in the [[PragmaticVillainy best interests of evil]] to ''not'' end it.
** Alice is a MessianicArchetype, but she decides she wants to do evil.
** The BigBad raises Alice thinking she's the AntiChrist and Alice, being an ExtremeDoormat, reluctantly goes along with it, but really wants to be [[IJustWantToBeNormal a normal girl.]]
** Alice starts out like this, but then turns evil due to a FreudianExcuse.
** Alice doesn't want to be the AntiChrist, but [[UnwittingPawn unwittingly serves her purpose anyway.]]
* '''Double Subverted''':
** She develops a spine and [[CallingTheOldManOut Calls The Old Man Out]].
** Alice eventually decides that even if the world is filled with bad things, there are also good things within it and that alone is worth denying the apocalypse for.
* '''Parodied''': "I am Alice the Antichrist, here to save the day from [[GreenAesop Pollution]]!"
* '''Zig-zagged''': "I don't want to end the world, until my favorite show ends."
** There is no Antichrist.
** Alternatively, Alice is destined to end the world and totally wants to.
* '''Enforced''': We have to show people that you can ScrewDestiny.
* '''Lampshaded''': "So you're the Antichrist, but you're saving kittens from trees?"
* '''Invoked''': "Don't worry, the Antichrist never likes their job."
* '''Exploited''': "I knew you wouldn't do it, you like us too much."
* '''Defied''': "You are going to destroy the world and like it."
* '''Discussed''': "You don't have to destroy the world, Alice."
* '''Conversed''': "Why did they bother making her the Antichrist?"
* '''Deconstructed''': Alice learns YouCantFightFate.
** Alice studied the ExactWords of the prophecy and found that it said nothing about being unable to recreate the world afterwards. Maybe even better than it was before.
** ...and by fate, we mean cause-and-effect & that some stupid prophecy can't change her decision.
* '''Played For Laughs''': "I don't ''wanna'' destroy the world! *throws a temper tantrum*
* '''Played For Drama''': "Alice is at a children's hospital: "I can't hold it off forever.""
Back to AntiAntiChrist
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???