'''Basic Trope''': A character who is destined to end the world but does not want to.
* '''Straight''': Alex is the antichrist, but he likes humanity.
* '''Exaggerated''': Alex an EldritchAbomination and the Devil him/herself is practically MessianicArchetype who tries to please humanity and stops TheEndOfTheWorldAsWeKnowIt that he/she is destined to bring forth, even becoming a full-blown ChristFigure in the process.
* '''Downplayed''': Satan mentions that Alex is destined to destroy the world... but he goes back to whatever he was doing before and it never comes up again.
** ThePowerOfLove shows him that HumansAreSpecial.
** Alex has free will, and ended up being raising by caring parents.
** Alex is lazy and doesn't want to have to do all that work .
** Alex has made friends with some of the humans.
** Alex thinks that destroying humanity is utterly pointless and doesn't see anything to gain from it.
** Alex is every bit as evil as he's supposed to be, but has decided that there's enough bad in the world that it's actually in the [[PragmaticVillainy best interests of evil]] to ''not'' end it.
** Alex is a MessianicArchetype, but he decides he wants to do evil.
** The BigBad raises Alex thinking he's the AntiChrist and Alex, being an ExtremeDoormat, reluctantly goes along with it, but really just wants to be [[IJustWantToBeNormal a normal guy.]]
** Alex starts out like this, but then turns evil due to a CynicismCatalyst.
** Alex doesn't want to be the AntiChrist, but [[UnwittingPawn unwittingly serves his purpose anyway.]]
* '''Double Subverted''':
** He develops a spine and [[CallingTheOldManOut Calls The Old Man Out]].
** Alex eventually decides that even if the world is filled with bad things, there are also good things within it and that alone is worth denying the apocalypse for.
* '''Parodied''': "I am Alex the Antichrist, here to save the day from [[GreenAesop Pollution]]!"
* '''Zig-zagged''': "I don't want to end the world, until my favorite show ends."
** There is no Antichrist.
** Alternatively, Alex is destined to end the world and totally wants to.
* '''Enforced''': We have to show people that you can ScrewDestiny.
* '''Lampshaded''': "So you're the Antichrist, but you're saving kittens from trees?"
* '''Invoked''': "Don't worry, the Antichrist never likes their job."
* '''Exploited''': "I knew you wouldn't do it, you like us too much."
* '''Defied''': "You are going to destroy the world and like it."
* '''Discussed''': "You don't have to destroy the world, Alex."
* '''Conversed''': "Why did they bother making him the Antichrist?"
* '''Deconstructed''': Alex learns YouCantFightFate.
** Alex studied the ExactWords of the prophecy and found that it said nothing about being unable to recreate the world afterwards. Maybe even better than it was before.
** ...and by fate, we mean cause-and-effect & that some stupid prophecy can't change his decision.
* '''Played For Laughs''': "I don't ''wanna'' destroy the world! *throws a temper tantrum*
* '''Played For Drama''': "Alex's eyes start [[RedEyesTakeWarning glowing red]]: "I can't hold it off forever.""
Back to AntiAntiChrist
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???