'''Basic Trope''': Characters show a lack of respect for the "don't kill people" rule of negotiations.
* '''Straight''': People are attacked during negotiations.
* '''Exaggerated''': Negotiations fail spectacularly and result in an all-out war.
* '''Downplayed''': One ambassador tries to pick a fight, and harsh words are exchanged, but the meeting is otherwise peaceful.
** This universe's society looks down upon negotiation, making this trope extremely frequent.
** Shows of force play into negotiations as a way to put pressure on the negotiators' bosses.
** [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Law_of_the_Jungle The law of the jungle]] is consistent.
** What starts out as a fight ends up into a peaceful negotiation.
** Two opposing armies decide to have a peaceful negotiation instead of a war.
* '''Subverted''': The meeting is extremely tense, with hands on weapons, but nothing ever happens.
* '''Double Subverted''': Just when it seems like a tense meeting is about to end without a hitch, a fight breaks out.
* '''Parodied''': The negotiation goes fine until one of the negotiators inadvertently farts. Both sides immediately begin exchanging gunfire.
* '''Zig Zagged''': The tense meeting almost completes without a fight, however, one breaks out at the last minute. Despite this, several people are able to keep their presence of mind long enough to coordinate a new meeting. The next meeting is quite tense...
** Diplomacy is peaceful.
** No diplomacy is shown or mentioned.
* '''Enforced''': The writers advocate taking opponents head on and not showing any mercy, and disapprove of negotiation.
* '''Lampshaded''': A character complains that negotiations always break out into fights.
* '''Invoked''': A leader intentionally sends a badass with a HairTriggerTemper, either to intimidate the other side, or in the hope that it all falls apart, the other side gets annihilated, and he can blame the negotiator.
* '''Exploited''': A character uses the fight as an excuse to murder the diplomat who banged his wife, saying it was self-defense even though absolutely no one attacked him.
* '''Defied''': A leader sends the best negotiation team he has, who have researched the other side and know exactly what they want and how to avoid offending them.
* '''Discussed''': "It is important to arrange the meet in such a way as to assure the negotiators that they will not be subject to physical attack."
* '''Conversed''': "Why do people in these shows expect villains to behave honorably during negotiations? It's not like they behave honorably at any other times."
* '''Deconstructed''': As a result of always becoming attacked, no messengers or diplomats of any kind exist.
* '''Reconstructed''': Due to regular backstabbing, all diplomats are [[NervesOfSteel brave souls]] with [[CrazyPrepared enough countermeasures to be fairly called "paranoid".]] In order to serve their country, they the face risk and danger.
Back to AggressiveNegotiations
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Untwisted''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???