'''Basic Trope''': A cute kid character who tends to act like an adult.
** Michael, a 10-year-old boy, feels that he has adult responsibilities to uphold. He occasionally lapses into childish behavior, though.
** [[DistaffCounterpart Michelle]] is a young girl that feels the need to act more mature.
* '''Exaggerated''': Michael is a toddler that feels the need to be the head of his household. His behavior relapses to that of an infant.
* '''Downplayed''': Michael is noticeably more mature than the other characters his own age, although he doesn't quite behave like a fully grown adult.
* '''Justified''': Michael is faced with a situation such as ParentalAbandonment that would require him to behave more like an adult.
** Michael is an adult that tries to embrace his youth, but his adult tendencies get in the way.
** Michael never seems to lapse into childish behavior, making him [[WiseBeyondTheirYears wise beyond his years]] instead of this trope.
** Michael is a Cute Shotaro Boy... at first glance. [[OlderThanTheyLook He's actually 21 years old.]]
* '''Double Subverted''': Michael never seems to lapse into childish behavior... until you take him to a toy store.
** Michael and Michelle have a schedule plan so they don't end up being childish at the same time.
** Michael wears a suit and behaves like a stereotypical adult. Anyone who mentions his age is met with a [[HypocriticalHumor childish outburst]].
* '''Zig Zagged''': DependingOnTheWriter, Michael can act very mature and adult-like, or he can act just like any other kid.
* '''Averted''': Michael does not try to act older than he actually is.
* '''Enforced''': KidAppealCharacter.
* '''Lampshaded''': "For such a little kid, he sure does act grown-up..."
* '''Invoked''': Michael deliberately tries to act more like an adult in order to get people to gush over how cute he is.
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': Michael hates the idea of growing up, so he refuses to act like one.
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': ???
** Michael falls to depression because absolutely ''no one'' will take him seriously, [[NotNowBernard even when it's crucial.]] He begins to hate himself for his childish tendencies.
** Alternatively, Michael remains baby-faced despite going through, if not having gone through puberty believing he has come of age. He ends up becoming [[JadeColoredGlasses jaded, cynical]] and [[NostalgiaFilter nostalgic]] because of this.
** His parents begin to listen to him more and treat him more like an adult after seeing how horribly he's been torn apart.
** Michael finally manages to achieve something great that earns him the respect he always wanted.
Back to AdorablyPrecociousChild
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied:''': ???
%%* '''Untwisted:''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???