'''Basic Trope''': A top-class pilot.
* '''Straight''': Bob is one of the best, if not ''the'' best, pilot in the world.
* '''Exaggerated''': Bob's so good, [[ImprobablePilotingSkills his craft regularly breaks the laws of physics]].
* '''Downplayed''': Bob's better than most pilots, but still has some weaknesses.
* '''Justified''': Bob has trained to be a pilot since he was a teenager.
* '''Inverted''': Bob crashes on his first flight and dies.
* '''Subverted''': Bob did extremely well during his training, but, in the field, turns out to be a mediocre-to-average pilot.
* '''Double Subverted''': Bob then makes a mistake which nearly costs him his life, motivating him to train and improve his skills to the limit.
* '''Parodied''': Bob's such an amazing pilot that his nation's military decides that he's the ''only'' pilot they need.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Bob's piloting skills frequently alternate between [[NoOneCouldSurviveThat awful]] to [[ImprobablePilotingSkills awesome]] and everything in between, so that [[ConfusionFu nobody can figure out just how good he really is]].
* '''Averted''': Bob is an utterly average pilot.
* '''Enforced''': The work includes dangerous military missions that realistically could only be accomplished by somebody with amazing piloting skills.
* '''Lampshaded''': "Say, Bob, I heard you're going on a mission tomorrow. I wonder how many medals you'll earn ''this'' time?"
* '''Invoked''': Bob joins the Air Force. Even if he's not an amazing pilot himself, the chances of him meeting one there is pretty high.
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': Bob avoids the Air Force.
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': ???
Back to AcePilot
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Deconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???