* Music/TheBeatles: "The Fool on the Hill".
* The protagonist from HarryChapin's "The Rock".
* The singer in TearsForFears' "Mad World" sees himself as this. It's arguable whether he actually is.
* The Spine of SteamPoweredGiraffe is arguably this, being much more calm and rational than his brothers.
* Contessa of Music/EmilieAutumn's Bloody Crumpets likes to see herself as this. Then again, seeing as how the Crumpets are supposed to be a group of asylum inmates, "sane" is relative.
-->'''Contessa:''' I would like to make it very clear that I am not, I repeat, I am not, not, NOT insane!
-->'''Everyone Else:''' ''(hysterical laughter)''
-->'''Emilie:''' ''(to the audience)'' ...She eats people!