** A commercial has [[AdvertisingCampaigns the gecko]] and an executive talking about the trust that Geico represents. The executive proposes one of those corporate trust-building exercises, in which he will fall backwards and the gecko will catch him. The gecko, being about 8 inches high, attempts to talk him down to no avail. The last shot is the gecko, as the executive begins to lean back, looking up: "oh dear ..."
** Another commercial where the Gecko is eating a bag of chips. The CEO commented he wanted to show him the first dollar he ever made. Cue the look on the gecko's face when he realized the dollar he used to buy the chips was said dollar.
* A Dutch insurance company has a long line of TV ads with the slogan "Even Apeldoorn bellen" (translated to "Just call us") after someone has realized he has a problem (or in some cases, when only the viewer has realized it). Some of these ads require knowledge of Dutch language or culture, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcjLR8X2fwA but]] [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grB2nA09NPM&feature=fvsr some]] [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YZcFrBKKCk&feature=related don't]]. While it's doubtfull any insurance could help those people out of it, they do tend to make a wonderfull CrowningMomentOfFunny.
* The commercials for Raid pest killers have been doing this for years, with whatever TalkingPest in the commercial shouting "RAAAAAAAAAAID!" before dying.
* The [=GameStop=] bunny [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nku5riEKsTE has one of these.]]
* The chocolate chip cookie commercial where a human-sized cookie is at a little girl's birthday, having fun with the kids, but then asks:
-->'''Cookie:''' Where's the cake?\\
'''Birthday girl:''' Oh, we're not eating ''cake''... \\
'''Cookie:''' ... Oh.
* An [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhlApioLO1A Energizer commercial featuring Dracula]] resulted in the Count invoke this trope in a rather DeadpanSnarker fashion after locking himself out of his castle...''at daybreak.''
--> '''Dracula:''' Oh, ''great.'' *POOF*
* In the campaign "Never Say No To Panda" (''Panda'' being a make of Arab cheese) almost everybody realises they've made a mistake once they say no to Panda Cheese and a giant [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6iHCFiSqIw Panda is standing over them]].
** Special mention goes to the dad in the grocery store the second time around.
* Two recent "M&M's" commercials come to mind:
** In this [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9MqJrQ5xbg one]] "Red" (aka "Milk Chocolate") is set up with [[EvilRedhead "Kristin"]] by "Ms. Brown" and Kristin locks the doors once she's alone with Red.
*** To people who talk about how bad the one with Maxwell and a human female in a car is; tell them about a [[FridgeHorror female actually hinted to be about to have SEX with a freaking piece of candy]] !!!!!
** [[http://youtu.be/fugRNl1nKdg This]] "exclusive cut" of the "M&M's" commercial has Naya Rivera of Glee being wooed by "Red" only to lick the back of his head and make him realize she wants to eat him (and her girlfriends go the same way).
* In France, many commercials for a brand of candies called Kiss Cool had these moments. [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PoSe8xKkww In one of them]], a man in a bunny suit who has to entertain children gets stage fright before he can perform. After eating the candy, he gains confidence and goes to see the kids chanting for him, only to realize said children were replaced by hunters. Cue OhCrap face from the guy, who slowly walks away.
* Advertising/JohnJameson, when he comes face-to-face with a giant octopus while saving a lost barrel of his whiskey, and after chopping open a dam to flood Dublin.
* In a 2014 [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4xsY_ieVSc Walgreens]] Christmas commercial, a mother and father are eating the cookies they left out for Santa, when they glance out the window and [[RealAfterAll see the big man on the roof of a neighbor's house]]. They get this trope and then race out to replace the cookies they ate, making it just in time.
* Glock. [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td4pSnVegZY Somebody ''really'' picked the wrong diner...]]