* A 1988 ad campaign for Red Rock cider in the style of ''PoliceSquad'', complete with none other than LeslieNielsen, ended with the slogan: "It's not red, and there's no rocks in it".
** Red Dog beer used the slogan "The logo is red, the beer is [[ShapedLikeItself regular-colored]]" because people literally thought the beer ''was'' red. Hopefully, they did not also think there were dogs in it.
* Many commercials for Apple Jacks cereal mention that "they don't taste like apples".
** [[Webcomic/CyanideAndHappiness "That's because you're eating batteries."]]
* Comedy and acrobatic troupe The Flying Karamazov Brothers are, as of April 2011, being advertised in London under the slogan: "They're not Russian, they don't fly and they're not brothers."
* Malibu Rum. [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malibu_Rum According to the other wiki]], it was originally made in Curacao, then in Barbados, and is currently made in Canada. It was never made in California and the ad campaign doesn't even pretend it was.
* There are three brands of beer called "Bavaria" - one Dutch, one Colombian, and one Brazilian.
* GM's Pontiac brand, esp. in the John DeLorean era, had a knack for using names from motorsports on cars (with the notable exception of the Trans Am) or trim levels that had no connection to their namesakes (e.g., [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24_Hours_of_Le_Mans LeMans]], [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Prix_motor_racing Grand Prix]], [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMSA_GT_Championship#The_GTP_Era GTP]], etc.), and in fact, generally on cars that were not intended for any major racing series (or usually, not for any racing at all after the early 70s). Most [[BlatantLies blatant]] was naming the Pontiac GTO, which stood for (translated from Italian) "Grand Touring Homologated" despite the fact that Pontiac had [[http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2003-05-11/travel/0305110361_1_pontiac-gto-enzo-ferrari-ferrari-north-america by that point]] ''dropped out of factory-supported racing altogether'' and would never homogolize a car for Grand Touring Car racing.