* Once, [[DisproportionateRetribution in response to supposed MySpace trash talk]], [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpAZoH9vvB0 eight teenage girls, now known as "the vicious 8" organized a brutal beating against another teenage girl.]]
* Similar to the above, [[http://pix11.com/2015/03/17/new-video-of-brutal-mcdonalds-gang-assault-emerges/ This fight that happened inside of a Mcdonalds in Brooklyn, New York.]] Basically 5 girls beating the shit out of another girl. Once more, they were said to have been planning this for ''months''.
* Also, a group of police officers famously beat up [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_King Rodney King]] in this manner.
** In the 1992 Los Angeles riots that ensued when the police officers involved in the Rodney King incident were acquitted, [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reginald_Denny_incident Reginald Denny]] was on the receiving end of one.
* [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Woodard Isaac Woodard]] got [[EyeScream blinded]] in this fashion; [[SchmuckBait No Holds Barred Eye Scream]], anyone?
* When Muammar Gaddafi was cornered in a sewer pipe by Libyan rebels, when they got him out they proceeded to beat the living daylights out of him.
* Many gangs use these as a method of testing their new recruits ([[GangInitiationFight also considered an initiation ritual]]). If they like the new guy (or girl), they tend to count at a normal rate so their candidate doesn't get too beat up. Others might get a slower count, if they're allowed in at all. The challenge is staying conscious and alive -- it isn't uncommon for prospective gang initiates who are "beat in" to die this way due to internal injuries sustained by the beating.
* [[EvenEvilHasStandards Pedophiles and other child abusers are guaranteed to get this (if not worse) in prison unless they go straight to protective custody.]]
* Fights in the NHL generally avert this - it's usually difficult to land serious injury with your punches when both you and your opponent are on ice skates and have to grab each other's jerseys just to stay close enough to have a fight. Referees are generally told to let it play out if it's too dangerous for them to intervene. However, if one player falls on his back onto the ice it can quickly become this trope because now he has no escape and in a vulnerable position - referees will intervene quickly, especially if there's high emotion involved (i.e., a dangerous boarding check).
* Chimpanzees, when the males are on patrol, are masters of this. If they find a chimp from a rival troop in their territory, they will rush it, gang up on it, and inflict terrible brutal damage on it, including but not limited to [[GroinAttack dragging it around by its genitals]] (if male), yanking the limbs and throwing the victim around by them, severe beating with muscles four times stronger than a human male's[[note]]if said human isn't in [[DefenseMechanismSuperpower fight-or-flight mode]], that is[[/note]], and using those large strong canines to inflict horrendous wounds. Even a lone chimp is capable of doing this, especially to humans; victims of chimp attacks are sometimes mauled so badly, their ''entire face'' requires extensive reconstruction, and sometimes even that can't be done.
* The Roman discipline practice of ''decimation'', or "removal of the tenth" amongst the Legions. A unit charged with a serious offense would be placed in groups of ten and put in a lottery. The soldier selected by the lottery, regardless of rank or station, would be executed by the other nine soldiers of his unit. Often, this would be carried out by stoning or clubbing. Decimation was practiced only for the most serious offenses, thus it didn't happen often.