[[caption-width-right:350: [- As [[NightmareRetardant obvious]] as this image is, [[http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/323/7/6/game_over__return_of_ganon_by_thefireknight2008-d4gp0gl.png it could be]] [[http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxpkq4qScA1qjlv7ho1_500.jpg much worse.]] -] ]]
* Ganon's minions need to kill Link and use his blood as a sacrifice to revive Ganon.
* In the Famicom version of the game, instead of the familiar silhouette of Ganon and the laughter, [[NothingIsScarier all you get is a pitch black screen proclaiming, "RETURN OF GANON. THE END," accompanied by a digitized roar.]]
* Throughout the series, we've seen Ganon [[JokerImmunity return quite a lot to say the least]] but this is the worst case scenario. Why? It's not only the return of Ganon but [[TheBadGuyWins Ganon has already won BEFORE he's even revived. The hero is dead, the Princess is in a permanent coma, unable to even reincarnate, the sages are nowhere to be seen. He's returning, COMPLETELY unopposed!]]
* The town of Old Kasuto provides quite an unpleasant shock the first time you enter it. You suspect something's wrong with the place when you see that the town is seemingly deserted, the sky is unusually dark, most buildings are decrepit and partially collapsed, and the "indoors" music is playing outside. But then you KNOW something's wrong ''when you suddenly start getting hurt for no reason''. [[spoiler:You're actually getting swarmed by powerful Moas that you can't even see without the Cross artifact.]]
* [[http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100209235549/zelda/images/3/3d/Thunderbird.png This]] image of Thunderbird about to attack Link.
* Link's Shadow is pretty creepy if you're not expecting it. It's also a very hard fight unless you exploit his AI.