* That goddamn [[http://xkcd.com/78/ Garfield]] comic.
* [[http://xkcd.com/82/ Frame]]
* A little FridgeHorror: imagine the day [[http://xkcd.com/294/ this]] becomes reality.
* [[http://xkcd.com/390/ When I got used to the regular nightmares, my subconscious got creative.]]
* The isolation in the [[http://xkcd.com/505/ "A Bunch of Rocks"]] strip.
* [[http://xkcd.com/597/ The alt text]]. Because it might be ''true''.
* The aptly-named [[http://xkcd.com/647/ #647: "Scary"]]
* The [[http://xkcd.com/777/ "Pore Strips"]] strip.
* The mouseover text on [[http://xkcd.com/875/ this strip.]]
* [[http://xkcd.com/883/ "One."]]
* [[http://xkcd.com/926/ Time Vultures.]]
* [[http://xkcd.com/1013/ Sheeple.]]
* [[http://xkcd.com/1099/ Endless wings.]]
* [[http://xkcd.com/1115/ "I looked down."]]
* To some, [[spoiler:how frigging BIG the 4th panel of [[http://xkcd.com/1110/ Click and Drag]]]] counts.
** [[spoiler:Then they must fucking ''hate'' [[http://xkcd.com/1608/ Hoverboard]]...]]
* [[http://xkcd.com/513/ "Friends."]] It may seem like a typical, kind of sad comic about dating, until the line "Bit by bit, I'll make you depend on me."
** The fact that it's a pitch-perfect DeconstructedCharacterArchetype of the [[EntitledToHaveYou "nice guy"]] persona might help to illustrate why many people find the stereotype so creepy and manipulative.
* [[http://xkcd.com/751/ This]] is a true nightmare depending on your own views on morality, culture and progress.
** Also, it perfectly illustrates a nightmare many parents have now: you can't know (and by extention, controll) what your kids will find on the internet and when. Your child may "learn" some grown-up stuff online and try it out not knowing what they're really doing.
* [[http://xkcd.com/1245/ 10-Day Forecast.]]
-->[[spoiler: TUESDAY TUESDAY TUESDAY TUESDAY]]
* [[http://xkcd.com/1139/ "I'm rubber, you're glue."]]
* [[http://xkcd.com/1377/ Fish.]]
* [[http://xkcd.com/1530/ Keyboard Mash.]]
* [[http://xkcd.com/1541/ Voice.]] I can only control my voice once every six years, AndIMustScream.
** What makes it worse is that the mouseover text for this strip is very similar to the one from "Keyboard Mash". Could [[spoiler: those giant spiders]] be ''spreading?''
* [[http://xkcd.com/652/ The alt text on this one]] points out that [[spoiler: we've already invented unstoppable robot assassins.]]
* [[http://xkcd.com/1393 "Timeghost"]] might not seem scary, but then you read the last panel...
-->[[spoiler:"The staaaaart of my haunting is now further away than your deaaaths!"]]
* [[https://xkcd.com/944/ Your local forecast tomorrow is "Steve"]]
* [[https://xkcd.com/1732/ Earth Temperature]] for two main reasons.
** The first one is the implication that despite all the existing overwhelming evidence, non-scientific arguments AGAINST the theories of man-made global warming are proliferating and causing severe obstacles to efforts towards solving the problem.
** And the second one, which makes the first a true nightmare for anyone under 60, is that while it took over 11000 years for the average temperature to rise 4 degrees and reach 0°C, it'll take humanity a little less than a century to achieve the same effect and get to 4°C.
*** [[http://www.xkcd.com/1321/ These]] [[http://www.xkcd.com/1379/ two]] comics illustrate what that means.
---> "We haven't had a day like that since the nineties. (...) What used to be normal now feels too cold."
---> "[+2 IAU[[note]]+9°C:[[/note]]] Cretaceous hothouse. +200m sea level rise. No glaciers. Palm trees at the poles."
** What is worse is that unlike previous entries on this list, this is real, and according to projections that "Cretaceous hothouse" may be a reality if the current path continues.