* That goddamn [[http://xkcd.com/78/ Garfield]] comic.
* [[http://xkcd.com/82/ Frame]]
* A little FridgeHorror: imagine the day [[http://xkcd.com/294/ this]] becomes reality.
* [[http://xkcd.com/390/ When I got used to the regular nightmares, my subconscious got creative.]]
* The isolation in the [[http://xkcd.com/505/ "A Bunch of Rocks"]] strip.
* [[http://xkcd.com/597/ The alt text]]. Because it might be ''true''.
* The aptly-named [[http://xkcd.com/647/ #647: "Scary"]]
* The [[http://xkcd.com/777/ "Pore Strips"]] strip.
* The mouseover text on [[http://xkcd.com/875/ this strip.]]
** With the collective media madness over the alleged Russian interference in the US 2016 presidential election and the subsequent push for a more agressive anti-Russian foreign policy, the escalation of military conflicts in the Middle East, the far-right swing in Europe and the (still pretty much ignored) fact that all the financial bubbles that exploded in 2007/08 are now bigger tan before, this comic has turned into horrifying, (hopefully) unintentional foreshadowing. And there are plenty of regions where screaming in sheer terror is alredy too common. Happy 2017.
* [[http://xkcd.com/883/ "One."]]
* [[http://xkcd.com/926/ Time Vultures.]]
* [[http://xkcd.com/1013/ Sheeple.]]
* [[http://xkcd.com/1099/ Endless wings.]]
* [[http://xkcd.com/1115/ "I looked down."]]
* To some, [[spoiler:how frigging BIG the 4th panel of [[http://xkcd.com/1110/ Click and Drag]]]] counts.
** [[spoiler:Then they must fucking ''hate'' [[http://xkcd.com/1608/ Hoverboard]]...]]
* [[http://xkcd.com/513/ "Friends."]] It may seem like a typical, kind of sad comic about dating, until the line "Bit by bit, I'll make you depend on me."
** The fact that it's a pitch-perfect DeconstructedCharacterArchetype of the [[EntitledToHaveYou "nice guy"]] persona might help to illustrate why many people find the stereotype so creepy and manipulative.
* [[http://xkcd.com/751/ This]] is a true nightmare depending on your own views on morality, culture and progress.
** Also, it perfectly illustrates a nightmare many parents have now: you can't know (and by extention, controll) what your kids will find on the internet and when. Your child may "learn" some grown-up stuff online and try it out not knowing what they're really doing.
* [[http://xkcd.com/1245/ 10-Day Forecast.]]
-->[[spoiler: TUESDAY TUESDAY TUESDAY TUESDAY]]
* [[http://xkcd.com/1139/ "I'm rubber, you're glue."]]
* [[http://xkcd.com/1377/ Fish.]]
* [[http://xkcd.com/1530/ Keyboard Mash.]]
* [[http://xkcd.com/1541/ Voice.]] I can only control my voice once every six years, AndIMustScream.
** What makes it worse is that the mouseover text for this strip is very similar to the one from "Keyboard Mash". Could [[spoiler: those giant spiders]] be ''spreading?''
* [[http://xkcd.com/652/ The alt text on this one]] points out that [[spoiler: we've already invented unstoppable robot assassins.]]
* [[http://xkcd.com/1393 "Timeghost"]] might not seem scary, but then you read the last panel...
-->[[spoiler:"The staaaaart of my haunting is now further away than your deaaaths!"]]
* [[https://xkcd.com/944/ Your local forecast tomorrow is "Steve"]]
* [[https://xkcd.com/1732/ Earth Temperature]] for two main reasons.
** The first one is the implication that despite all the existing overwhelming evidence, non-scientific arguments AGAINST the theories of man-made global warming are proliferating and causing severe obstacles to efforts towards solving the problem.
** And the second one, which makes the first a true nightmare for anyone under 60, is that while it took over 11000 years for the average temperature to rise 4 degrees and reach 0°C, it'll take humanity a little less than a century to achieve the same effect and get to 4°C.
*** [[http://www.xkcd.com/1321/ These]] [[http://www.xkcd.com/1379/ two]] comics illustrate what that means.
---> "We haven't had a day like that since the nineties. (...) What used to be normal now feels too cold."
---> "[+2 IAU[[note]]+9°C:[[/note]]] Cretaceous hothouse. +200m sea level rise. No glaciers. Palm trees at the poles."
** What is worse is that unlike previous entries on this list, this is real, and according to projections that "Cretaceous hothouse" may be a reality if the current path continues.