* Sebastian Shaw's inexplicable afterimages. You're seeing what a VoiceOfTheLegion ''would look like''.
* Azazel, Shaw's teleporting mutant, took people from within the CIA base and ''appeared in the sky before dropping them to the hard ground below''! Now, think of going to sleep only to wake up in the air and FALLING.
* The mere fact that a quite high amount of both humans and mutants are fine with genocide.
** Charles reading Emma's mind, seeing Shaw's plan of causing a nuclear apocalypse through which only mutants would survive, [[ANaziByAnyOtherName culminating in Hellfire Club taking over what's left through a dictatorship, with the image of them standing over the smoking ruins of Washington DC and the White House, with crowds shouting "President Shaw"]]. Then Emma gives us this gem [[DissonantSerenity with a smile]]:
--> '''Emma''': [[OmnicidalManiac Beautiful, isn't it?]]
* Charles screaming in pain [[spoiler: as Erik is slowly and deliberately drilling a coin through Shaw's head, who Charles was telepathically connected to at the time.]]
** Actually, the thing by itself would be horrifying enough.
* Beast's transformation his physical body goes through five notable changes from jaw line to claw growth that must hurt. Oh and then there's being blue and fuzzy for the rest of your life... All of that from trying to get rid of hand like feet.