* Brainiac takes over Lex Luthor's body, making the whole thing '''very''' creepy in the brain upload and then Brainiac talking out of Luthor's mouth.
** Made worse in that ''[[AndIMustScream he's still conscious]]''.
* After Lana mercy-kills Luthor, Braniac keeps his body going on his own for a little while, but it eventually becomes useless from rigor mortis. Even then, the remains of Brainiac detaches from Luthors skull and drags itself a few feet just by ThePowerOfHate, before finally falling to pieces and shutting off forever.
* Lightning Lord electrocutes Lana into a charred remain.
* Myxzptlk gets torn in half in the finale. Despite him being a nebulous 5-d being at the time, it's still rather unnerving to see his image splitting down the middle. Not to mention his scream.
** Hell, just his appearance overall. We finally get to see his true OneWingedAngel form, a purple-black humanoid giant which bends space around it just by existing. Or even just his appearance at first, still in his traditional "imp" form, except his color scheme is now notably darker. He now has a clearly evil look on his face as well.
---> '''Lois''': He didnt look so funny anymore...
*** Mxysptlk had decided to become evil after having spent the past 2000 years being a trickster. Had Superman not managed to stop him, there would have been an evil RealityWarper loose in the universe.
* Sure, the bad guy deserved it, but seeing Krypto tearing out Kryptonite Man's throat is really brutal. Not helped by the fact that Krypto dies of Kryptonite radiation.
--> '''The Kryptonite Man''': ''AAAAEEEEARRGH!'' ''STOP'' IT! GET OFF GET OFF GET ''OFF!'' I'm ''killing'' you, you stupid ''animal''! Don't you ''understand''? I'M KILLING--''YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!''
--> '''Krypto''': [[WrittenSoundEffect SNOPF!]]
* In real life, Julius Schwartz was discussing the story with Alan Moore, and told Moore that he wasn't sure who would write it. Moore alledgedly responded by standing up, grabbing Schwartz by the throat, and threatening to kill him if he wasn't the one who wrote the story. There's a reason Alan Moore is considered a MemeticBadass among comic writers - he can be ''terrifying''.