* From the first movie: "KILL THE FUCKING TRAITOR!"
** [[spoiler:Scott gouging out the eyes of a scientist, also from the first movie.]]
* [[spoiler:Dr. Colin's death in ''Regeneration''.]]
* ''Day of Reckoning'''s [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQkuMmr-iVc redband trailer]], which has a very [[HellIsThatNoise unsettling]] soundtrack.
* [[spoiler: In ''Regeneration'', Unisol 3's death by impalement, and Unisol 4's death by killer supersoldier thighs. And then, we have Scott 2.0's improvised cranirectomy, with a pipe and a shotgun.]]
* The NGU's body after being shot up twelve ways til Next Sunday, followed by a close up shot of the entry wound that broke his arm and left it barely functioning. To top it off, there's the whole limb replacement surgery. Yes, GoryDiscretionShot, and yes, they're MadeOfIron, but Dear God... *shudders*
* The NGU's killing of Unisol 3 and 4. He kills Unisol 3 by dropping down on him, kicking him hard enough in the face to seriously stun someone who's MadeofIron, and proceeds to pick him up and impales him on a giant industrial hook. We don't actually see the impalement, but we do hear it, and the horrible noise that Unisol 3 makes after he is impaled. We also do see the blood that's leaking out of his body(it might be blood that he's pissing out of his body for all we know. They don't make that point clear). We're also left with a lingering shot of Unisol 3's impaled body as the NGU leaves.
** Unisol 4 gets it pretty bad as well. After putting up one hell of a fucking fight against the NGU, the NGU kills him by slowly strangling him with his killer thighs after getting him in a headlock and punching his head a couple times with enough force that he's pulverized the dude's brain. As the NGU's strangling him, He puts in the extra effort and breaks not only Unisol 4's neck, but his spine, collarbone and upper ribcage. Talk about a shit way to die.
* [[spoiler: Sleeper Agent Unisols. They can be anyone you know. To top it off, they also have Sleeper Agent Unisols who are clones of existing people and dead people. At the drop of a hat, they can be triggered, and causes all sorts of havoc. Talk about NightmareFuel and ParanoiaFuel!]]
* [[spoiler: John's lobotomy scene in ''Day of Reckoning''. Yes, they're MadeOfIron to such an extent, that they have to use a freaking table power drill press to burrow through his skull and then extract the memory implants. It doesn't help with the amount of blood in that scene, which literally turns John's white tank top blood red; and John's facial expression when they're trying to remove the memory implant.]]
* [[spoiler: Magnus' slaughter of the Unisol Brothel in ''Day of Reckoning''. Then there's that brief scene of the Unisol having a hooker nail his hand to the table with a hammer, and generally whacking away at his nailed hand.]]
* [[spoiler: Magnus' regrown section of foot that John lopped off with a fireman's ax. It looks so freaking nasty and disgusting. It doesn't help that he picks at it instead putting on a new bandage, followed by a boot. Made of Iron and Healing Factor does have its benefits.]]
* [[spoiler: Scott 3.0's death in ''Day of Reckoning''. Aside from the multiple stab wounds and the knife in the hand, He gets shot through the neck and then gets his head impaled on the end of a machete at the hands of John.]]
* The entire series is a slow burn of nightmare fuel. Imagine having your wounded, dying body frozen, and then repaired with surgery, adding things in such as additional structures to your muscles and bones and such. You wake up during the process several times because you're not quite dead yet, and the whole process is keeping you alive. \\
They're still operating on you when this is happening. Somewhere down the line, you die, but they're not done with you. They reanimate and reheat your body through pituitary and thyroid augmentations. You come back to life, dazed, confused, terrified. After that, they give you your first injection, which stabilizes you, cutting you off from memories of your past, and leaving you feeling emotionally and mentally stable. \\
What you don't realize that the drug is violently suppressing who you are, leaving you numb, cold and ultimately obedient. Over the course of the next decade or so, they put you through training that would break even Tier One operators from the military and CIA, and outright kill anyone else below Special Forces. When you get broken, they fix you right up, or they stick you into a cold environment and let your body repair. Sometimes during these moments of recovery, the memory clearance wears off and you're aware that you're horribly injured and that your body is recovering at an abnormal rate. You panic, and they strap you in and inject you with more memory clearance cocktail. They repeat this process over and over, leaving you more empty and hollow, but with amazing mental clarity. \\
After it all, the surgery, the training and the high-concentrate nutritional supplement literally makes you a superhuman asskicker; a veritable supersoldier, but you lack free will and a conscience. "Totally programmable and erasable." In the long-term, these augmentations and such, leave you with an extremely high metabolism and core temperature, which they have to regulate with the nutritional supplement, because feeding your augmented ass would be incredibly expensive; and because not doing so, would leave you useless and unable to perform a task, or render you into a violent berserker, who treats unfamiliar faces as threats to pulverize into shit. \\
Another downside is that, without the memory clearance drug, you're prone to experience traumatic memories of what you've done along with memories of your past, in full, sharp, painful detail. And it doesn't just stop at flashbacks while you're awake. You have nightmares that would make Creator/HRGiger shit his internal organs out. To top off the overall nightmare of the procedure that makes you into a hardcase black ops cold warrior, once you're taken off the drugs that help make you superhuman and push your performance to those levels, you come out of it as the worst junkies seen by man.\\
The years of strain and performance takes its toll on you. You feel like you're thousands of years old. You're constantly feeling weak, confused and helpless. To make matters worse, you have to undergo long-term hormonal treatment, to return you to being remotely normal, and the process isn't exactly something most people would like to subject themselves to. The drugs and processes that also kept you in peak fighting condition, also slowed down your aging tremendously, but since those things are no longer circulating in heavy amounts in your body, you are now subject to aging and all the toils and woes associated with it. And that's just the tip of the frozen iceberg of nightmare fuel that comes with being a Universal Soldier.
* ''"We're brothers. We're one."''