[[caption-width-right:350:Hello boys and girls!]]
* Though everyone in this series will end as NightmareFuel eventually, in Black the following people are especially worthy: Needles Kane, No Face, Bloody Mary, Cage, Charlie Kane, Billy Ray
* Cage. The man's ambition? To be the greatest killer the world has ever known. But what does he want from Calypso? Brain surgery to remove that part of him that feels sad whenever he kills. Calypso's feeling generous, so he throws in something extra for a man with a butchered brain - his hands replaced with metal razors and blades.
* Charlie Kane. First of all, he's a reanimated corpse. No, not a zombie; he's very much dead, but his body is being controlled by his savant son. This is disturbing enough on its own, but then the game presents you with very UncannyValley-laden close-ups of Charlie's corpse when you look at his character info, as well as in every single loading screen. It's all incredibly unsettling.
* Calypso in the 2012 version of the game. In other games, he gets his powers from a demon. In this one, he's the devil. That painting in his office is utterly chilling.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5tQ-fJL-ks The "Snowy Roads" theme]] from ''TwistedMetal: Black'' (OneWomanWail plus DroneOfDread), and the rest of the dark ambience music.