[[caption-width-right:320:His name stands for "[[RecursiveAcronym Beware of BOB]]", [[OhCrap by the way]].]]
* BOB/[[spoiler: Leland Palmer]]
** Everything is tolerable '''but''' his little Fred Astaire dance with the golf club in the episode where [[spoiler:he's been driving around ALL DAY with Maddie's body in the trunk]]: there's something just creepingly, inexplicably nightmarish about the sheer randomness of it.
* The end of Episode 14: Whilst Cooper and others are gathered at the roadhouse, [[spoiler: the Giant appears, ominously stating: "It is happening again." The viewer then sees the Palmer household where Leland looks in the mirror and BOB is in the reflection, revealing him to be the killer (and rapist) of his daughter. The implications of this are horrific enough, but almost immediately, Leland/BOB proceeds to claim his next victim.]]
* And [[spoiler: Maddy's]] exceptionally violent (well, for network TV [[SeinfeldIsUnfunny at the time]] anyway) death.
** [[spoiler: As well as the fact that it takes place entirely within the Palmer's living room. Despite all the fantastical elements, the scene doubles as very realistic looking domestic violence.]]
** The [[spoiler: shifting perspectives during this scene whilst Leland is clutching Maddie, between Leland crying and BOB sickeningly kissing her.]]
-->[[spoiler:"Leland says... you're going back... to Missoula... MONTANA!"]]
* Maddy's screams from within the Black Lodge. Talk about NightmareFace.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PWEqbwh2ow Ronette's Dream]] at the end of [=S02E01=] is a real whopper too.
* The ending of the episode "Coma".
* The words repeated by Waldo. The unpassionate tone only makes the words more disturbing.
* [[spoiler: Leo's awakening]] midway through Season 2.
** [[spoiler: "Bye, wife."]]
* Then of course there's the huge pile of MindScrew / SurrealHorror that essentially makes up the entire last half hour of the final episode.
-->[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEveQxYv57g&feature=related "How's Annie?"]] ('''Warning: HUGE spoilers!''')
* Mike Gerard's possession and recounting of the 'Fire Walk With Me' poem was particularly chilling. Hats off to Al Strobel for the shift from a kindly shoe salesman to an eerie ancient spirit.
* Harold Smith's [[spoiler:FreakOut when he finds out Donna is secretly trying to take Laura's diary from him]] is really disturbing considering [[spoiler:how he was so friendly before]].
* How about in the second-to-last episode, when Windom Earle returns to his hideout with [[NightmareFace a white face and black teeth]] after [[spoiler:finding the Black Lodge]]?
* Just about 90% of ''Fire Walk With Me'', but notably the Music/DavidBowie [[OneSceneWonder scene.]]
** The [[spoiler: rape scene where Laura finds out Bob possessed her father.]]
* That shadow on the curtain during Cooper's dream at the end of the second episode.
** Apparently, it's supposed to be an [[OminousOwl owl]]. Not that it makes it any less creepy.
* Maddie's [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B5pE1DEHyk vision]] of BOB.
** Along with Sarah Palmer's in the first season, as seen in the image above.
* [[spoiler: [[SpidersAreScary Leo's (probable) end]].]]
* Ronette Pulaski's first appearance, walking down the bridge in a daze, ropes dangling from her wrists.
* Something about Cooper and Harry looking at Laura Palmer's dead body while the electricity flickered in and out made an otherwise normal (at least, normal for murder dramas) scene absolutely horrifying.
* Ronette's arms slowly raising up as she sleeps alone in her hospital bed.
* Really want to scare yourself? Try playing the Mike and Bob section of Cooper's dream sequence in the German dub.
* Leland's [[spoiler: revelation about BOB's possession and the murder of his daughter [[AdultFear can be this from his perspective.]] ]]
* That ''thing'' in the glass box in the first episode of The Return. And what it does.
* There is a scene in the first episode of season 3 in which a man is crying in a jail cell; the camera pans past him, and there is another man with a beard covered completely in dark gray paint, but whose eyes are extremely white and also TURN SLOWLY TO FACE THE CAMERA.
* The initial discovery of Ruth (and then the complete reveal of her body) is completely disgusting and wrong looking.
* The pink room Cooper visits [[spoiler: after being thrown out of the Black Lodge.]] The woman within moves in a strange, unearthly fashion, [[EyeScream has no eyes, or even sockets,]] and the door in the back is constantly being angrily pounded upon by her [[NothingIsScarier unseen]] "mother."
* Scenes in the Red Room and the Lodge in general have gotten more intense and unsettling in the revival with the introduction of uncanny CG elements. Any crumb of classiness and subtlety has been striped away, revealing the ever changing labyrinth of nightmares and unforgiving absurdity in much grander detail than ever before.
* [[spoiler: BOB!Cooper is just as terrifying as you'd imagine, if not more so.]] Unlike with [[spoiler: Leland]], he's cold and calculating, yet still positively ruthless. [[spoiler: The scene where he brutally murders Daria, and it's build up which involves holding her down tightly and interrogating her, is chill-inducing.]]