[[caption-width-right:350:[[OhCrap Yeah...]] [[BewareTheNiceOnes Pissing this guy off isn't the best idea for someone to do]].]]
'''''Trigun''''' is an incredibly violent series, as well as increasingly horrific as it goes on. Most of the worst of it never made it into the animated version.
* The ''true'' business of the Roderick Gang (at least according to the fan-scans), censored in the anime: [[spoiler:organ harvesting]].
** The way Legato kills Johnson. The anime pulls a GoryDiscretionShot but the manga shows it in all its glory: [[spoiler:Johnson is forced to rip out his own heart.]]
* The men who attack Wolfwood in the Church. Under their masks, their mouths are sewn shut & they have [[EyeScream screws in their eyes]]! Their jackets also resemble the Roderick's...
* Right after Knives makes his grand entrance, Legato sees Vash and orders the Gung-Ho Guns to "Kill him!!" Cue Knives [[spoiler:crushing Legato into a ball, shattering his spine]]. Only after that does he speak.
-->"Who said you could kill him?!"
* [=TriMax=] ''opens'' with the (offscreen) gang rape and death by torture of a girl whose family had a long feud with another over rights to a Plant.
* The opening of Volume 2 (Chapter 7). First, Gray the Ninelives [[spoiler:impales Descartes on his own boomerang]], then Legato forces all of the prisoners [[spoiler:to pack themselves into a tiny tanker truck so tightly that they crush themselves to death as their blood begins pouring from the outtake valve.]]
* Leonof's VillainousBreakdown. It starts with him tearing his cheek, then his FinGore when defeated. plus his cases full of human viscera, [[spoiler:Brad did not approve.]]
** The fact that Leonof not only [[spoiler:killed most of the Ship's inhabitants (including Sensei) and replaced them with perfect-likeness puppets just to mess with Vash]], but he intentionally left [[spoiler:one real girl in the middle of the melee, who ends up accidentally shot by Vash]].
* Grey the Ninelives. In the anime he's indistinguishable from a robot; but in the manga he's actually [[spoiler:nine midgets piloting a giant fleshy golem]]. It still bleeds HighPressureBlood and sheds tears. Its mouth is… disturbing[[labelnote:*]] (it looks like [[FreudWasRight a toothy vagina]])[[/labelnote]]. When its arm is severed, the arm crawls to the door release so the main body can resume the battle.
* Literally everything about [[spoiler:Tessla]]. Check out the Tearjerker page for more explanation.
* In ''Maximium'' Chapter 23, the giant Chinese-themed bandit attempts to rape a woman. "You will be my 13th wife", "The other 12 are all broken", and "You will join them in heaven now" are just a sampling of some of his creepier quotes. Oh, and he have a metal pipe for a dick. [[spoiler:Good thing Meryl and Millie didn't approve.]]
* The unnamed giant aiding Legato. It proves NotSoStoic & started flashing its deformed mouth.
* Rai-dei's [[spoiler:massacre of the town he guarded]] combined with TearJerker.
* [[spoiler:Wolfwood blowing off all of [[FacialHorror Razlo's face]] near the end of their fight.]]
* Legato's [[SpiderMan Venom]]-esque tongue that he flashes when Razlo and Chapel first appear. It's a borderline BigLippedAlligatorMoment since it never pops up again, but the single image of it alone is incredibly freaky, especially since that's what's used to close the chapter out.
* Legato in the anime was already a scary man. The manga however cranks it up even more. He's a cynical and depraved individual, all but outright stated to be a cannibal and by the end of the manga becomes a complete raving lunatic. Sprouting massive slasher smiles and laughing insanely all while making Vash's life absolute hell. What makes it noticeable is that unlike the anime, Manga Legato doesn't just come off as evil. He comes off as mentally sick where any possible good in him has been destroyed leaving only a deranged monster who finally forces Vash past the breaking point. Everyone else valued their lives or had some sort of morality. Legato was just too far gone in his own insanity to have any sort of morality whatsoever.
* ''Legato Bluesummers''. A personification of [[NietzscheWannabe nihilism]] combined with the relentless drive of the ComicBook/GreenGoblin, and telepathic powers that can make a person claw his heart out, shoot himself dead, or just turn them into puppets for him to speak through. His goal, his voice (in both [[Creator/ToshihikoSeki Japanese]] and [[Creator/RichardCansino English]]), his [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPUXsqshayk& theme]] (which sounds like a demonic stereo system) is one of the most chilling 4:34 minutes of dissonant noise ever recorded, his ability to [[KickTheDog turn any potential kindness into cruelty]]--everything about this guy is ''absolutely terrifying''. Only Legato can make eating sweets downright creepy.
** His English voice is more disturbing for those who've heard it from [[Manga/RurouniKenshin a certain pacifistic samurai...]]
* Vash The Stampede himself. If you never meet him, if you're just simple townsfolk who never get to know the guy, you'd be terrified to death of a name known as ''The Humanoid Typhoon''. Let's not forget that as good-natured as Vash can be, when he's absolutely enraged he becomes [[ImplacableMan too much for anyone to handle]]. Don't believe me? Just ask [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Res4ykI-fms&feature=player_detailpage#t=1049s Monev The Gale]].
** Then there is his transformation in the manga.