* Kirby. Just, Kirby. Everything about this version of Kirby is pure NightmareFuel, not the least of which is that he's also a homage to [[SilenceoftheLambs Hannibal Lecter]]. [[spoiler: He's also revealed to be responsible for the creation of Ness and Lucas.]]
* Wario blowing up [[spoiler:Red]] by having his brother deliver him a bomb.
* Our heroes discovering [[spoiler:King Dedede's intestines after he is killed by the Butcher.]]
* When Olimar brings Luigi back to his hideout, as he's talking he takes a pikmin out from a pot, which is screaming mind you. Then he proceeds to chop it up into bloody bits, all the while keeping up his casual tone.
* At the end, we see all the victims' bodies stuffed and made into trophies. While this is nightmare fuel all on its own, the moment when [[spoiler: Princess Peach's stitched up corpse move like a puppet, taunting Luigi before leaning over and spilling blood from its mouth,]] is one that sticks out as being the creepiest part of the series.