* Oh boy where do we start? Here's some [[http://aliens.wikia.com/wiki/Creatures_of_the_Mist images]] and the [[http://io9.com/5030140/the-mists-true-horror-exists-only-in-bernie-wrightsons-mind concept art.]]
** The Mantis monster from the [[BigLippedAlligatorMoment Big Lipped Aligator Moment]] entry.
* Ms. Carmody. This lady has no supernatural powers, no extraordinary abilities of any kind, but she has an army of frightened, terrified people who will do whatever she says. If you tick her off, or disagree with what she believes, she will ''destroy you''.
* Any gamer might understand just how frightening it is when they find out it was one of the inspirations for both ''SilentHill'' and ''VideoGame/HalfLife1''.
* The description of the way things look after they leave the store. It's like Lovecraft decided to rise from the grave and possess King when he wrote that part.
* Mrs. Carmody with her fusion of brutal Old Testament-style Christianity and pagan ritual.