These games can [[NightmareFuel be quite unnerving]] in [[DerangedAnimation unorthodox ways]] as they can be NarmCharm.
* Occasionally, the [[DerangedAnimation bizarre]] animation crosses into this.
** Especially [[AntiVillain Ushrom]] and the magic cloak witch from the first town in Wand of Gamelon.
** The little girl who wants an arpagos' egg. The animators gave her the body of a little girl...but the face of a slightly elderly-looking lady. UncannyValley at its most supreme effect. Doesn't help that she [[VocalDissonance doesn't sound like a little girl to begin with.]]
* A lot of monsters are frequently shown in ''Faces of Evil'' to be made by [[WasOnceAMan transforming ordinary Koridians]]. One woman even mentions her husband was turned into a monster. There's no way to save them in the game, and the ending never even discusses what happened to them.
** For instance, the second boss of the game, [[PigMan Harl]][[VillainousHarlequin equin]], creates his minions by having Koridians gamble their money at his bazaar, and then transforms them into Goriyas [[DealwiththeDevil should they run out of money.]]
*** Next, there's [[TinTyrant Mili]][[TheManBehindtheCurtain tron]], who crushes the [[PunyEarthlings 'worthless Koridians']] with his massive fist, and 'hardens' them with fire magic, turning them into Armos.
*** Lastly, there's [[WolfMan Lupay]], the penultimate boss of the game, who [[YourSoulIsMine steals Koridians' souls]] and turns them into bulldog-like Moblins.
* When Zelda kills Hectan, he screams "YOU'VE KILLED ME!" before melting into a puddle. Her reaction? "Good.", with a smug [[PsychoticSmirk grin]] on her face as if remotely not even giving a damn. While the ComedicSociopathy and MoralDissonance are hilarious, the way that Zelda kills Hectan is still kinda unsettling in that the heart container inside of him is still ''beating'' after his death. Gives us some pretty interesting ideas involving what Zelda possibly might do to anybody, once someone pisses her off and pushes her buttons around for far too long.
** Not that Hectan isn't a tad unnerving in his own right, with his odd inflections.
* Glutko in ''Faces of Evil'' straight up ''eats'' a guy, ''on screen''. While it isn't terribly graphic, it's still pretty evident that the person he ate is dead. Besides that, he's a horrible green mound of wriggling flesh with huge lips, fangs, clawed fingers, a single huge eye, and ''extra nipples on his chin''.
** A now-deleted WebAnimation/YouTubePoop made this cutscene even more disturbing by adding screams and [[SickeningCrunch crunching sounds]].
** His own demise is also disturbing if you think about it. He swallows a bomb and ''blows up inside-out''. He just blows up into a cartoon cloud, but one can only imagine how it would really look like.
* The [[ShapeShifter wolf-lion-giant-pair-of-lips... thing Omfak]] is so frightfully bizarre it's hard to believe it wasn't spawned from some animator's nightmarish fever dream.
** Given, that this scene was animated by Russian animators, it's quite possible, that it was inspired by the Armenfilm's cartoon "Wow, a talking fish!", specifically, [[https://youtu.be/fgxHIWBt5yg?t=1m27s by this scene]].
* CD-i Ganon sure is goofy-looking, eh? ''Zelda's Adventure'' was developed by a different studio, but that game's incarnation of Ganon should look pretty silly, too (what with the questionable production values), right? Imagine the reaction of the poor sap who went through the game expecting a variation on the pig man only to go face-to-face with ''[[http://zeldawiki.org/File:Gannon.png Satan himself]]''.
* ''Zelda's Adventure'' has a rather unnerving ScareChord play when you run out of health.
->''The Nightmare Fuel! NO! You haven't seen the last of me!''