[[caption-width-right:350:20 feet of ''very'' angry robot]]
* If the deleted dream sequence is of any indication [[spoiler:the Giant is one of many machines sent out across the universe to singlehandedly obliterate ''entire planets'' or, worse yet, may have already done such atrocities in the past.]]
** Extra FridgeHorror in that the other robots might ''still be out there''. And they might find Earth. And not be as friendly as the title character.
** Given that the reason the Giant is good is due to AmnesiacDissonance after hitting his head, as well as his friendship with Hogarth... [[spoiler: how do we know that he ''[[AlternateCharacterInterpretation wasn't]]'' returned to [[KillEmAll factory settings]] and his memory wiped, after he was hit by the nuke? OhCrap.]]
** Even better (worse?), the 2015 "Signature Edition" adds the complete version to the film, [[spoiler: and it is ''horrifying''.]] For starters, [[spoiler: the final animation shows the army of giants walking amongst the ruins, and the fire present gives it a very Hellish appearance.]] [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSjqF5tR894 See here]] for the complete scene.
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu0scA8kqHQ The Iron Giant's transformation.]]
** The enraged scream he makes during that is just as disturbing. Once you've enraged him, [[UnstoppableRage may God have mercy on your soul.]]
** The fact that he just ''strolls'' after the soldiers fleeing for their lives, blasting everything in his path.
* Mansley [[spoiler:chloroforming Hogarth.]] It comes out of nowhere, and it's [[WouldHurtAChild downright cruel.]]
** Even worse is his MoralEventHorizon shortly before that. Up until this point, Mansley has been somewhat of a bumbler, and a lot of fun to watch as he repeatedly fails to catch the Giant. [[spoiler: And then he very calmly threatens to make Hogarth's life such a living hell that he'd eventually be taken away from his mother if he doesn't reveal where the Giant is hiding.]] The worst part is the quiet, gleefully sadistic tone he's speaking in the whole time- he is perfectly capable (and willing) to follow through on any threat he makes, and he loves it.
** Then he goes and [[spoiler: almost nukes an innocent town. The fact that it's out of stupidity and fear rather than evil is... not exactly reassuring, especially not considering [[DirtyCoward he immediately tries to flee and save himself]] [[MoralEventHorizon after he's doomed the whole town and everyone living there]].]]
-->'''General Rogard:''' [[spoiler: That missile is targeted to the Giant's ''current position!'' '''''Where's the Giant,'' Mansley?!''']]
-->'''Kent Mansley:''' [[spoiler:[Upon realizing the Giant is right above them] Wha--? Ooh... We can duck and cover! There's a fallout shelter right there, if we--]]
-->'''General Rogard:''' [[spoiler:[Angrily] There's no way to survive this, you ''idiot!'']]
-->'''Kent Mansley:''' [[spoiler:You mean we're all going to...]]
-->'''General Rogard:''' [[spoiler:''To die'', Mansley. For our country.]]
** From Hogath's point of view, Mansley blowing up at him in the ice cream parlour. Think about it, Hogarth may be a strong kid, but he's still a kid and here he is alone with this complete stranger to whom his mother recommended a tour around town. Even if he is in a public place, this boy is in a very vulnerable position of having this man who up until this point, Hogarth and the audience has believed to be a pencil pushing bearaucrat, going off on a near-psychotic rant. [[ToiletHumor Thank God for Landslide!]]
* The Iron Giant's first appearance at the power plant.
* The bit from the old horror movie Hogarth watches where the mutant brain is presumably eating the man's head.
* The very first time we see the Giant... or rather, much like [[VideoGame/TheLegendOfZeldaOcarinaOfTime Ganon]], we don't see him at all, but instead all we see is a towering silhouette outlined by a flash of lightning... and [[GlowingMechanicalEyes a pair of unblinking eyes shining out from the darkness]].
* That moment in the woods after the deer has been shot that the Giant notices the guns and [[RedEyesTakeWarning his eyes turn into red pinpricks]]. And we immediately get the hint about what he truly is.