* Poor Allison, locked in the cupboard while [[spoiler:Kayako/Aubrey]] ''sloooowly'' comes for her. Allison's terrified, sobbing screams make the whole thing so much worse.
* Kayako emerging from one of Grethen's paintings, and, prior to that, the horribly unsettling damage she does to the painting of Rose.
* [[spoiler:Naoko]]'s unsettling walk and horrible gurgling sounds after she too becomes a StringyHairedGhostGirl... not to mention her (presumed) prime method of killing.
** Not to mention [[spoiler:Naoko]]'s (horribly brutal) death in the first place. To elaborate: [[spoiler:she has her knee broken and a serrated knife forced through her throat.]] ''Yikes''.
* Yoko in the attic. She switches on her lighter and pokes her head into the attic, ''slowly'' looking about her all the while hearing what are seemingly odd creaking noises (of course, as those who are familiar with the original ''Ju-on'' films will know, [[HellIsThatNoise those noises are certainly]] ''[[HellIsThatNoise not]]'' [[HellIsThatNoise caused by anything creaking]]). As she turns, a pale face can suddenly ''just'' be made out behind her... and then her lighter highlights this mysterious face.
* ''The Grudge 3'' has a rather frightening sequence of Kayako chasing Dr. Sullivan through the hospital but no matter where she turns. Kayako is right on her. She mananges to flee until coming to a door that won't open to her card and screaming for a janitor to help her. All the while we see Kayako warping to her, not even walking. She even ''phases through'' a closed door to get to the room Sullivan's in before she [[spoiler: grabs her neck and snaps it.]]
* Susan being stalked from her office to her own bedroom - '''''nowhere is safe'''''.