This is a game based off of [[Franchise/TheSlenderManMythos the Slender Man Mythos.]] Did you expect this to be a hilarious, bizarre MindScrew?
* The Arrival's ending. After everything you went through, you end up trapped in a room with a charred body and crazed writings on the wall. The door is locked behind you and your flashlight is completely drained. When you go closer to the body, you find a camcorder which plays audio of [[spoiler: [[KillItWithFire C.R. burning himself to death,]] with Kate refusing to and fleeing. After the audio ends, a mysterious second proxy bashes the door down and charges you, flashing strange images at you. Then you wake up in the house from the first level, with the aforementioned proxy watching you from the stairs. ''It's Charlie, the missing child.'' After you collect the two final notes, Charlie disappears and you wander the second floor of the house, eventually coming across Kate... who tackles you, revealing herself to be the Chaser. The screen goes black for a second, then cuts back to show her unconscious form being dragged away.]] [[GainaxEnding Roll credits.]]
** The section of the level leading up to the ending is pretty damn unnerving in its own right. [[spoiler: Running for your life through a raging forest fire with Slendy at your heels? Sounds like fun!]]
*** It gets much, much, MUCH more horrible if you're terrified of fire. Sweet dreams.
* The end of the first level in The Arrival, where you enter Kate's room and walk to the broken window, then, in the distance...you hear a long, blood-curdling scream.
* Scared of running from Slendy? How about running from Slendy AND [[http://images.wikia.com/theslenderman/images/7/71/Chaser..._%285%29.JPG a masked girl in a hoodie who will tear you apart?]]
** Worse, the snarling, feral proxy is eventually revealed to be [[spoiler: your missing friend Kate. Who was the unseen protagonist from ''Slender: The Eight Pages''.]]
* A secret level in The Arrival is little else but this. [[spoiler: You wander about the house, with the ground outside being invisible and the polygons making up the house walls acting sporadically. Slender Man wants to play hide and seek.]]
-->[[spoiler: ''"I like you. I want to play a game."'']]
** As you explore the house, bursts of Slender Static keep teleporting you about the House. [[spoiler: The Slender Man is just toying with you, and he somehow is able to teleport you within his grasp.]]
** It is impossible to win the secret level, you simply wander helplessly around- distortions getting stronger and stronger- until ''he'' finds you.
** Made even worse by the interface screw on the main menu. You're taken back to the main menu at some point during the secret level; none of the options except "play game" or "quit game" work and if you try to select a level, the levels are all replaced with [[spoiler: images of the missing child poster that triggers the level]]. Slender Man is able to ''break the fourth wall'' in order to screw with you.
** To cap off the secret level's nightmare fuel: [[spoiler: once Slender Man catches you, you are immobilized and set on fire. You cannot move; you can only frantically look around and see the Slender Man getting gradually closer.]] It even ends with a sentence flat-out saying [[spoiler:''"you are dead."'']]
* [[spoiler:CR's fate. Next to a charred body is a camera. Recorded on it are CR and Kate meeting at the radio tower to kill themselves so the Slender Man can't spread his web of fear. Kate gets cold feet, and runs screaming that she can't do it. But CR can. And his screams of pain as he immolates himself are horrifying.]]
* With the new update for the Arrival, a new level has been added. It's a remake of the original Eight Pages. [[spoiler: When you collect all eight pages and Slender Man catches you, he says "I have plans for you, Kate".]]
* The Steam version of the game had a bonus level, which, one last time, [[spoiler: gives you a good look at the second proxy, Charlie. As you play through the last level, he sits at the entrance. Watching your every move.]] [[http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131107161337/theslenderman/images/9/93/Charlie_Matheson.jr_%28Slender_The_Arrival%29.png Not for the faint of heart.]]
* The Console Update has two new levels. One of them is hidden, and it is NightmareFuel incarnate. [[ShmuckBait You don't want to read the spoiler.]] [[spoiler: You play as Charlie Matheson Junior, who wanders a beach and later a forest. The NightmareFuel comes into play at the very end, where Slender Man's tentacles grab you. [[LastNoteNightmare Charles Matheson and his wife call out for their son, who responds in an increasingly louder and panicked voice, as more and more tentacles come out of the fog. Then they cover the screen, as a shrill, distorted scream blasts out of the speakers.]]]]