* The TransformationSequence at the end of the first episode. Body Horror UpToEleven: her very heart and blood vessels turning purple, thorns entangling with those blood vessels, and mechanical parts erupting and forcing themselves into Tachibana's body. The GlowingEyesOfDoom and the SlasherSmile make it all the more '''terrifying'''!
* Tsubasa after her Swan Song. Good Lord...
** It's back with vengeance in ''G'', involving Maria's sister Serena.
* In episode seven, Ryoko brings Hibiki in for a medical checkup after her battle with Chris. She reports to Hibiki that the fusion between the fragment of Gungnir and her body seems to be spreading, but assures her that there should be no negative side-effects whatsoever. This eventually turns out to be BlatantLies, as we are later able to see X-Rays of Hibiki's body on a computer screen in Ryoko's office. What the examination revealed was [[http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g298/strike_zero/Senki20Zesshou20Symphogear20-200720-20Large2029.jpg this]]. ''GYAAAAAAH.''
** Disturbing as that image is, it still doesn't prove it's negatively affecting her. Though, given that Ryoko's [[spoiler:TheMole, a MadScientist, and a sadist]], she probably is lying.
* Berserk Hibiki from episode 12.
** What's worse, Hibiki has at least ''some'' awareness of what she's doing in Berserk Mode, but she can't control herself. She's shown crying during her fight with Tsubasa, and not BerserkerTears either.
* A very early example: If the Noise so much as ''touch'' you, you disintegrate into ash, and as the main page (correctly) points out, it's slow enough that you can feel it happening.. It's an even more horrifically-specific application of LiterallyShatteredLives.
** The first episode even gives you two close ups. The second is particularly disturbing as it shows a young girl ''screaming and crying'' as she's killed by the Noise.
--> '''Girl''': "I don't want to die! I don't want to die! No!"
* The Nephilim from ''G''. Oh, god, the Nephilim. It's a humanoid creature with a taste for flesh, and is neither human nor Noise. [[spoiler:Its crowning moment is biting and ripping Hibiki's arm off after [[RealityEnsues she tries and fails to make it eat her fist.]]]]
** At the start of the next episode, [[spoiler:Hibiki somehow ''manages to top all that!'' Immediately, she becomes berserk again while grows a new arm, beats down the Nephilim with ease, and rips its heart out!]]
* The ending sequence of season 1 is very chilling as it contains images of bodies that are missing limbs and decaying.(See CreepyDoll on the [[Anime/SenkiZesshouSymphogear main page]])
* Season 3 gives us the Autoscorers, who are straight-up confirmed to be artificially-made, and they move in ways that no human would dare attempt. However, their main perk is their KissOfDeath, in which they reduce their unfortunate victim to a lifeless, [[ColorFailure white corpse]]. We already see a couple instances of this in the first two episodes, but Episode 3 gives us entire groups of people lying dead on the ground (one of the girls who happens upon this scene appropriately screams). On top of that, they can create special types of Noise called Arcanoise that can destroy Symphogears.