[[caption-width-right:350:She just wanted to be in the show...]]
[[folder: The Film]]
* The whole movie could apply to some, though most of it falls into TearJerker territory.
* The real NF here is Sara's descent into madness over the course of Fall and Winter. This sequence gives us such gems as Sara's POV of the world, which is menacing in every possible aspect, a refrigerator coming to life to eat her complete with loud, startling banging sounds, a TV personality emerging from the TV as a bizarre being made of static and mocking her, and the simple, horrific image of a completely fucked up Sara walking down a sidewalk in broad daylight as people pass by so quickly they are blurred and look like ghosts. That last one also serves as the first image seen during the Winter segment, just to make sure you knew what the last third of the movie was about to be like.
* Let's not forget this scene...
--> '''Marion:''' So what do you want us to do now?
--> '''Uncle Hank:''' Ass to ass.
--> ''(Someone holds up a greased-up double dildo)''
--> '''Crowd:''' ''(ad nauseum) ASS TO ASS!''
* The shock therapy (as pictured in the page image), and the sounds accompanying the scene. It's really played as ElectricTorture, and is absolutely ''agonizing'' to watch.
** Appropriately enough, the corresponding track to this scene on the soundtrack is titled "Meltdown".
* Harry's [[BodyHorror infected arm]].
* Anything in the "Winter" suite of the soundtrack, especially the aforementioned [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmQhuicAnP4 Meltdown]].
** "Lux Aeterna" is as creepy as it is awesome. ''More'' creepy, actually (except the orchestrated "Requiem for a Tower" version, which is just awesome).
* Marion having a dollar bill stuffed into her mouth during the MadnessMontage. There's something succinctly horrible about a barely-conscious woman being gruesomely violated by a stranger, for a crowd of jeering strangers, and being fed a single dollar from an anonymous, sweaty hand. It's a hell of an image to express how worthless her addiction has made her.
* In the scene where Marion has sex with her psychologist for money, he grabs and kisses her so violently [[DoesThisRemindYouOfAnything it almost feels like a rape scene]].
** The whole idea of that part of Marion's arc is horrible. This is a man who has an education for the express purpose of understanding, analyzing, and learning how to treat mental illness. The "You smug fuck!" scene drives it home; the entire reason for his getting involved with Marion in the first place is ''because'' he knows that she's a weak-willed dreamer. He knows damn well that she's at risk for addiction. He's violent with her because he's been ''waiting the entire time'' for her to whore herself out to him, because he knew that's what she'd eventually end up doing... and like most abusers, once he knows he's got her once, he knows he's got her for good.
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6YLT1yoNec The scene]] where Harry and Tyrone are both crying out and screaming for help, accompanied by [[JitterCam harsh camera shaking]] and grating distortion noises that intensify as their screams get louder.
-->"''Help us! '''SOMEBODY FUCKING HELP US, PLEASE!'''''"
* [[AwesomeMusic Lux Aeterna]] may be one of the most incredibly powerful pieces of movie soundtrack music of all time, but it's also incredibly ''dark.'' It's the kind of music you can imagine playing as the whole world burns and the entire human race screams as one in hopeless, helpless despair. There is not a single uplifting or hopeful note in the entire piece.
[[folder: The Website]]
* The beginning of the Flash website intentionally redirects viewers from Tappy Tibbon's website to Harry and Marion sleeping together.
* The website in general makes the viewers think that their computer is damaged.
* In the Sara Fall segment, if you click on the red meat, you get a JumpScare from the fridge.
* For the Sara Winter segment, once she says "Everything's all mixed up," the words "mixed up" gets echoed a lot.
* For the Harry/Marion Fall segment, their phone call from the film gets slowly distorted like the static is obscuring the calls.
* In the Harry Winter segment, once you click on Marion, you hear him yelling out her name, much more nightmarish than in the film.