* The [[ILoveNuclearPower Zeka]] from ''PrometheanTheCreated''. All Prometheans have things really bad, but Zeka are a whole different story. For starters, they are in constant pain. That's all there is to it, they just have to live with the pain. Unlike normal Prometheans which can heal from electricity, Zeka need to be exposed to huge doses of radiation. They have some of the worst Torment and Disquiet affects, causing hysteric fear where they go and becoming [[OmnicidalManiac Omnicidal Maniacs]] when overcome by Torment. No prize for guessing what ''their'' [[WalkingWasteland Wasteland]] looks like. When you take all of this into account, it's no wonder that ''not a single one'' has completed the Pilgrimage, and that it's ridiculously easy for them to become the aforementioned Centimani. [[FromBadToWorse The worst part?]] ''Their numbers are growing.''
** It says volumes about ''Promethean'' that [[FromBadToWorse it gets]] ''[[FromBadToWorse worse]]''. If Zeka ''do'' achieve their Pilgrimage, they immediately take a potentially lethal hit of radiation (intensity is equal to their Azoth, which kinda sucks if they have Azoth of 5 or above -- five-dot radiation is ''automatically'' lethal). It generally goes "Yay, I managed to become human! Fuck, is that thing my intestine? Aaaargh." [=*DIES*=]
** Of the Zeka, the two worst are Oleg Wormwood (a ManipulativeBastard and OmnicidalManiac who is ''this'' close to achieving his goal of NukeEm [[KillEmAll All]]), and Tsar Bomba, a maddened, delusional sadist, who believes it is his destiny to rule a nuclear wasteland.
** The sourcebook with the Zeka in it also applied this to Pandorans. Not from the perspective of Prometheans, although this is entirely the case. No, ''being'' a Pandoran or Sublimatus. You have a ceaseless hunger for Promethean flesh; you petrify on contact with humans; you have a number of instinctive sadisms; and, to make matters worse, you're doomed to spend the rest of your existence as a monstrous undead thing devoid of hope. Unlike Prometheans, you ''can't'' be cured.
-->''“Not us,” [[ItCanThink the Timekeeper]] hisses. [[HorrorHunger “We’re hungry forever.]]”''
* The [[DangerousForbiddenTechnique lacuna,]] a ritual used to steal vitriol from other Prometheans. The process is [[RapeIsASpecialKindOfEvil deliberately described with a rape-like subtext,]] but is in some ways ''more'' evil than sexual assault: by performing the lacuna, you are deliberately sabotaging another Promethean's Pilgrimage for your own personal gain. No surprise that it ''always'' causes a Humanity drop, not unlike [[TabletopGame/VampireTheRequiem diablerie.]]
** It's hard to say what's worse: the possibility of becoming the victim of a lacuna, or getting so desperate that you would ''perform'' the lacuna.
* Disquiet: the more time you spend around non-Prometheans, the more obsessed they become with you, until they try to kill you or capture you. At its highest level of Disquiet, [[TheVirus it becomes infectious.]]
* Imagine living in a Wasteland: for no explicable reason, things start to go ''wrong.'' Electronics go haywire, the water becomes undrinkable, words ''stop having meaning''...
** According to [[BeethovenWasAnAlienSpy one of the Promethean books,]] the ever-burning coal fire in [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia,_Pennsylvania Centralia, Pennsylvania]] is the result of an advanced Frankenstein Wasteland.
* Any time a Promethean uses pyros, it causes a small GlamourFailure that reveals their often gruesome disfigurements. While that doesn't sound too awful, just imagine talking to someone when they suddenly, just for a moment, look like a living doll or a dessicated corpse. It'd be like a real-life ScreamerPrank.