* ''WesternAnimation/WhatANightmareCharlieBrown!'': Snoopy is abused and starved, becomes ''feral,'' and then dies getting pulled into a frozen lake, screaming and clawing for his life. Even if the whole special ''was'' just a nightmare, one could argue that this was inappropriate for the Peanuts specials' target audience.
* In one strip, Charlie Brown, not having a kite to fly, attaches some string to Snoopy's collar and uses ''him'' as a kite, who uses his ears to create the lift needed to fly. But it doesn't work for long, and Snoopy plummets to the ground and ''SHATTERS into a hundred pieces!!'' Luckily it was just Snoopy having a nightmare from eating too much before sleeping, but still, that image of him shattering in front of his master must've upset a LOT of kids at the time!
* In ''WesternAnimation/ABoyNamedCharlieBrown'' we get a DisneyAcidSequence to the tune of Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 8. Not only does it [[BigLippedAlligatorMoment totally come out of nowhere,]] but those foreboding church paintings and that....[[NightmareFace face ]] thing at the end floating around on a pure [[NothingIsScarier black background]] can look VERY unsettling to you as a child.
* In ''ItsAMysteryCharlieBrown'', Snoopy and Woodstock sneak into the school's science fair to reclaim Woodstock's nest but also play around with some of the exhibits. When one of them gives Snoopy an electrical shock, not only does he scream, but he also briefly ''[[XRaySparks turns into a skeleton!]]'' Incredibly freaky for a ''Peanuts'' cartoon.
* One story arc has Linus' blanket come to life and start stalking and attacking Lucy at every opportunity to the point where she stays outside all night hiding from it. At one point it lunges out of Linus' hands at her, and it has a ''mouth''.
* The art style for Blue Sky's movie adaptation can have an UncannyValley effect on some viewers.