[[caption-width-right:346:''"We've met before, haven't we?"'']]
* ''Every'' scene with the Mystery Man.
** "''I'm at your house... ''"
** When he [[EvilLaugh laughs]] in [[MindScrew real life and at the other end of the phone]] [[VoiceOfTheLegion simultaneously.]]
** Pete gets a phone call from Mr. Eddy, who then hands it off to "a friend of mine."
-->'''Mystery Man:''' In the East, the Far East, when a person is sentenced to death, they're sent to a place where they can't escape, never knowing when an executioner may step up behind them, and fire a bullet into the back of their head.
* The scene where Fred finds the mystery man just....standing there. [[NothingIsScarier Nothing creepy, just standing there and smiling.]]
** There's something so [[MindScrew inexplicably creepy]] about the way he randomly takes out a video camera and starts filming Fred while still talking to him.
-->'''Mystery Man:''' And your name.......'''WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR NAME?'''
** After seeing him so eerily calm and utterly unflappable for the entire rest of the movie, watching the Mystery Man become inexplicably enraged and shout Fred for asking a simple question is....[[OOCisSeriousBusiness disturbing.]]
* The video tapes at the beginning.
** [[spoiler: Especially the final one, where Fred is seen ''eating'' his eviscerated wife's corpse.]]
* Fred's dream about Renee, where she "isn't Renee, but looks like her"
* When the lights flash after Fred returns from the party with the Mystery Man.
* Fred's hallucinations in prison.
* Mr Eddy: ''Her name is Alice. I swear I love that girl to death. If I ever found out someone was making out with her. I'd take this'' - pulls out a pistol - ''and shove it so far up his ass it would come out his mouth. Then you know what I'd do? I'd blow his fuckin' brains out.''
* Fred's wanderings around his house at night definitely qualify. No cheap JumpScares - NothingIsScarier at its best indeed.