* The graveyard scene in the alternate universe can be ''terrifying''. The music doesn't help a bit.
-->'''George:''' Harry Bailey went to war! He saved the lives of every man on that transport!
-->'''Clarence:''' Every man on that transport died! Harry wasn't there to save them [[ForWantOfANail because you weren't there]] to save Harry!
* After George's encounter with his alternate universe mother, the close-up of him slowly turning toward the camera in sheer frustration and terror is enough to send a chill up anyone's spine.
* Everything that happens to George in the alternate reality, really.
* The scene when George stumbles into Pottersville is like an episode of ''Series/TheTwilightZone.''
* The scene where George comes home and yells at his wife and kids is frightening in [[AdultFear a whole different way]].
** ''Everything'' during George's slow mental breakdown over the loss of the money is probably the movie's darkest point. Especially when he's officially been DrivenToSuicide, the way he walks in the street and towards the bridge without noticing anything around him at all.
* The deleted scene involving Clarence lecturing Mr. Potter and giving him a heart attack does sound pretty chilling, even if the villain is getting his comeuppance.
* The look on George's face right before he jumps is rather unsettling.