* Eye Candy. ''[[EyeScream OH MY GOD, EYE CANDY.]]'' You actually get to see the world through his messed-up vision...*shudder*
** They do the "Messed-up POV" thing a lot, actually. Such as in "A Sight For Sore Eyes", when Toothy's head gets cut in half by a filing cabinet drawer, and for a few seconds, we see his point of view, where he can see ''[[NauseaFuel partially forward and partially backward]]''. Yikes. And then they do it ''again'' with Nutty.
*** This also do it in ''Without a Hitch'' when Flippy gets stabbed in the eye. One eyes sees normally, while the other looks something like the way a fly would see the world...
* Fliqpy, Flippy's evil side and everything about him. Deaths at his hands include Giggles '''''GETTING HER EYES SLAMMED OUT OF HER HEAD WHICH CAUSES HER BODY TO BE SHREDDED BY A PROPELLER''''', Mime getting burned alive with a flaming arrow, and many others.
** Mime's death from that episode is extra horrifying if you think about it. He's flailing around and looking as though he's screaming in agony, but all in ''complete silence''. That's some showmanship.
*** The image itself isn't exactly pretty either. There are '''''FLAMES COMING OUT OF HIS EYES AND MOUTH!'''''
** Party Animal. So you throw one of your closest friends a surprise party. Everyone is happy, cake is getting cut, but then he gets reminded [[OhCrap of the war]]... Flippy actually uses the cake knife to cut out a slice from Toothy's head and puts it on Cuddles' plate. HAVE YOU EVER WANTED TO SEE TOOTHY WITH PART OF HIS FACE MISSING?
** Operation Tiger Bomb, what explains why [[AxeCrazy Flippy]] is so messed up. It explains that he was in a commando unit and screwed up the mission, causing the death of his fellow soldiers. The horror comes when Flippy is pursued by the enemies and has to hide ''inside his friend's bloody, worm filled corpse''. And that SlasherSmile when he burst out of that corpse and starts bashing the enemies with psychotic rage...oh god [[SlasherSmile that smile]]!
** In "Remains to Be seen" he flips out after hearing a gunshot-like noise and runs over some of the HTF, killing himself and them and coating them with radioactive waste. Not so bad itself, but it gets worse when Fliqpy gets out his grave as a zombie '''while still flipped out''' and bites Lumpy's arm off. That's still not the worst of it. He [[HalfTheManHeUsedToBe has nothing below his waist]], so he finds zombie Handy, rips him in two and ''puts on his lower half like a pair of trousers/pants, then uses the intestines as braces''.
** ''Without a Hitch'', [[RealityEnsues which shows us what paranoia can do to people]].
* [[LifeOrLimbDecision ''Out on a Limb'']]. Lumpy chops off his leg... with a ''spoon''. And then it turns out to be the ''wrong leg''. So he has to cut off the other one with a ''paper clip''.
* ''Can't Stop Coffin''. All of it. Especially when [[spoiler:we get a closeup shot of Cuddles' ''finger bones'' after he scratched all of the flesh off trying to escape the coffin]]. Taphephobics, beware.
* ''A Bit of a Pickle'' is pretty frickin' disturbing when you think about it. Basically, Lammy sees her friend, Mr. Pickels (Who is actually just an inanimate pickle) murder various characters (She's actually the one doing the killing). That sounds familiar... Oh yes, Schizophrenia. Although Flippy already has schizophrenia in all likelihood, this is creepier because ''she isn't doing it intentionally, and thinks she's stopping a figment of her imagination from killing innocent people''. Never thought you'd see something like ''that'' on Happy Tree Friends, did you?
** It's worth noting that the "moral" for this episode is far more cryptic than usual, without the usual humor. "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are."
** To give an idea of how disturbing it is, this episode is pretty similar to the twist of [[spoiler:[[VisualNovel/HigurashiNoNakuKoroNi the Demon Exposing Chapter]]]].
* Petunia has a tendency to have this kind of deaths, including ''Flippin' Burgers'', where she gets her '''''[[spoiler:face slammed onto a hot grill]]'''''.
* Lumpy's corpse in ''Wishy Washy''. When Lumpy was trying to find out what's clogging up Petunia's water pipes, a jet of water pushes Lumpy to the heat tank, and he finds out that his tool has pierced the tank. Lumpy takes out the tool, and he is sprayed by hot steam. He falls over, and the tank tips over and crushes Lumpy. After Lumpy had been burned and crushed to death by the heat tank, Petunia, who is showering, notices that there's no more water. She goes into her basement to find out what's wrong, and flips on the light switch. She notices that she is standing in filthy water, and Lumpy's corpse floats towards her. Then, we get a closeup of his corpse, and see that [[spoiler:his face is covered in blisters, his nose is missing most of its skin, and he has creepy green eyes. [[GrossUpCloseUp And the closeup is drawn in a more detailed style than usual.]]]]
** Petunia then loses her shit, [[spoiler: runs to the kitchen sink and scrubs her torso with a scouring pad, and [[DrivenToSuicide rips her own flesh off with a potato peeler,]] [[LaughingMad all while laughing psychotically.]]]]
* Disco Bear ''[[spoiler:[[EyeScream shaving his eyeballs]]]]'' in ''Easy Comb, Easy Go''. The screaming and [[GrossUpCloseUp horribly close shot]] didn't help. And it's still better than ''the plucking scene''.
* Any episode that has to do with Sniffles and his fight against the ants, in particular ''Crazy Ant-ics''. Sniffles tries for a snack, and sticks his tongue into an anthill. ''Big mistake''. The Ants [[ColdBloodedTorture drive a stake through his tongue, use a fricking cheese grater to tear it open, pour lemon juice on the open wound, then pour gasoline all over his tongue and set it alight]], [[YourHeadAsplode causing his head to explode very messily]]. ''[[TearJerker Poor, poor Sniffles]]'', it's just painful to contemplate, let alone watch...
** But even this can't be compared to what they do to Sniffles in "Tongue in Cheek" ([[spoiler:Using his mind-control helmet against him by making him eat a razor-bladed apple, stick his tongue in a paper shredder, nail his tail to the ground and have his organs ripped ''out of his mouth''. And to make thing worse, they turn his corpse into a house]]).
* While not gory, it's very unsettling to watch Shifty get covered in molten gold and Lifty drowning in the ocean.
* The occasions when NothingIsScarier is employed such as ''Nuttin Wrong With Candy'' featuring Nutty getting mangled by and trapped beneath a vending machine, only to then threaten EyeScream torture with its metal coils. Cut to an outside shot of the collapsed vending machine with blood pooling under it.
** Flaky being killed off-screen in ''Happy Trails, part 2'', which is made worse by the [[http://happytreefriends.wikia.com/wiki/Happy_Trails_part_2%3A_Jumping_the_Shark HTF-wiki's]] claim that the murder of Flaky was supposed to be animated, but was cut because it was considered ''''' too''''' '' gruesome''.
* Throughout the series, EyeScream has been all over the place. We've watched characters get their eyes stuck in bottles, get stung in the eye by a bee (multiple times), and get stabbed in the eye with a shard of glass. But the worst one of all? Something small: Flippy giving Mime a '''''papercut to the eye''''' in "Random Acts of Silence".
* Cub's deaths are full of AdultFear, but ''Water Way To Go'' is arguably the worst. Pop's terrified, frantic calling for his son is equal measures horrifying and [[TearJerker heartbreaking.]]
* The ending to Camp Pokeneyeout, where [[spoiler:Nutty uses [[EyeScream his own eyeballs]] as marshmallow replacements for his s'mores. We were then treated to a shot of his eyeless face.]]
* ''Something Fishy'', making us all afraid to use the bathroom ever again.