* The [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYjFKsJjCP0 library scene]] isn't exactly the scariest scene in a movie, but it can really catch you off guard if you haven't seen it before.
* The following involving the demon dogs Zuul and Vinz Clortho. First, we get Dana being grabbed by Zuul [[note]] three demonic arms emerge from her chair proceeding to hold her down as the door opens to Zuul, the chair zooms towards the door and shuts when she is in the same room as the demon dog [[/note]], which leads to her possession; then we get Louis chased out of his own party by Clortho, who is cornered by the monster. Then, we see Dana as she's under Zuul's influence. It's [[FetishFuel sexy to male audiences]] at first, but then Zuul takes over and she starts hovering above the bed and makes beastly noises. Meanwhile, Clortho, while possessing Louis, searches for Zuul, and when a cabbie makes a remark, Clortho flashes an intense, intimidating glare.
* The darkroom scene in Ghostbusters 2: A claustrophobic room lit with red light (naturally), the doors silently sealed shut without their knowledge, peering intensely at photographs of a possessed painting, which ''suddenly all catch on fire at once''. Not for the pyrophobic.
* The "everything goes to hell" scene from the second film, featuring an array of ghouls a lot more intimidating than anything else seen in the series - including a spider-like ''thing'' with four arms and fangs that chases a bunch of people out of a store, a fur coat coming back to live as a rabid four headed snarling beast that scurries down the sidewalk, and culminating in an enormous monster reaching over the Washington Square Arch and looming over a crowd of screaming people.
* Despite being a comedy at its heart, there are still plenty of genuinely scary moments in the movies. The new game has its moments as well. In the movies, bonus points go to the phantom librarian, the zombie cabdriver, the Scoleri brothers, the heads on spikes in the SinisterSubway, the museum boss dressed as a phantom nanny who [[IncrediblyLamePun spirits]] Oscar away, [[spoiler: Vigo's eyes shifting at the beginning of No. 2]]...
* The living fur coat and the return of the ''Titanic'' in the second movie.
* The pink slime in the second movie is both this and NauseaFuel at the same time. The way it drips and moves can cause some sense of revulsion, and the fact that its the physical incarnation of human negativity can make it create all kinds of horror like the above mention living fur coat, the return of the ''Titanic'', the rise of many spirits and demons, and (judging from the calls the police were receiving) even make dinosaur skeletons and a park bench come alive and be scary.
** Not to mention the fact that Ray, Egon and Winston almost drowned in it.
* Ray and Winston's talk about the apocalypse.
-->'''Winston:''' Do you remember something in the Bible about the last days, when the dead would rise from the grave?
-->'''Ray:''' I remember Revelations 7:12 [[labelnote:note]]it's actually 6:12[[/labelnote]]. "And I looked as he opened the 6th seal, and behold, there was a great earthquake. And the sun became as black as sack cloth, and the moon became as blood."
-->'''Winston:''' "And the seas boiled and the skies fell."
-->'''Ray:''' Judgment Day.
-->'''Winston:''' Judgment Day.
-->'''Ray:''' Every religion has its myth about the end of the world.
-->'''Winston:''' Myth? Ray, has it ever occurred to you that maybe the reason we've been so busy lately is 'cause the dead ''have'' been rising from the grave?