* The sound effects of the Loptyr and Naga Spells are creepy as hell and can't be properly rendered by an emulator.
* The [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSZ0YJH6A24 theme for the Serenes Massacre]] in ''Path of Radiance'' is... very unsettling.
* The concept of the Nosferatu spell: [[TheCutie That cute little]] MysteriousWaif Girl just got her face smashed in by a massive battle axe, then casts this spell which drains the life energy of her enemy and instantly heals the wound she just suffered. [[LightIsNotGood Oh, it's a Light spell]]. It also has a creepy sound effect when cast.
** Later games rename this spell to Nosferatu and make it a Dark spell, though the Tellius games revert it to Light. Still somewhat creepy though.
* The way [[http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Barhara the Battle of Belhalla came to life]]. Think of it: not only is [[TragicHero your leader]] [[KillItWithFire incinerated to death]] [[MagnificentBastard by the Emperor]] (and after a TearJerker of a scene in which [[spoiler:he gets to see that his wife has been brainwashed into marrying said Emperor]]), but then the whole army that you're a part of is [[DeathFromAbove bombarded by a storm of meteors]]. And you're unable to escape because the Royal Guard has you trapped in there. [[CruelAndUnusualDeath Seriously, not cool!]]
* ''[[VideoGame/FireEmblemTellius Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance]]'' and ''Radiant Dawn'' have Feral Ones, which are Laguz, a race capable of transforming into hawks, tigers, giant cats and other animals. They've been locked into their transformed state with the use of a potion that makes them lose all sense of reason and also drastically shortens their life span. It can also be given to Beorc (humans) for the same effect, sans transformation. Bertram[[spoiler:/Renning]], a Beorc, is seen starting to go through this transformation, and he becomes a DeathSeeker.
-->'''Bertram:''' Kill...me... ...KILL...M-ME...
* The basement room of Gritnea Tower [[spoiler:filled with countless Laguz corpses]]. The dialogue and the music leading up to it are unsettling enough, but then you see the actual ''room''. What really drives it all home, though, is the characters' reactions.
* [[spoiler:Grima]] in VideoGame/FireEmblemAwakening. No, the Dragon itself isn't... no. The fact that it kills (from within, painfully) and then takes over [[spoiler:you (Or rather, [[AudienceSurrogate your avatar]]) is.]] ...Wait, never mind, the dragon is pretty freaky too.
** It doesn't help that it's a bit [[EldritchAbomination Lovecraftian]] in nature. With its bizarre appearance, a murderous cult that follows it, [[spoiler:it being responsible for the Risen]], and how [[BlueandOrangeMorality there seems to be no discernible reason]] why it's doing it's destructive acts.
* From Rekka no Ken, [[spoiler: Zephiel's]] SlasherSmile....which is accompanied by a ''horrifying'' musical sting, and is also [[TheStinger the last shot in the game]]...
* The monsters from Awakening. Not the ones that are just palette swaps of generic units, those...things, that sink into the ground. Their noticeably twitching head DOES NOT HELP!
* The Death's Embrace DLC chapter has to be one of the darkest and most nightmarish chapters in Awakening: You come across a village that has been [[RapePillageAndBurn razed to the ground]], with everyone dead, then you hear that the perpetrator spared the strongest of the village's fighters, and go to investigate a nearby temple... where you find out that the perpetrator has taken said villagers and raised them as Risen whom he uses as loyal assassins, he has been going at it for a long time, and he has just finished his greatest work, which is a Risen Soldier with a freaky model not seen anywhere else. And on top of that, his temple has spikes protuding from floor, walls, and ceiling, with the intent on [[HPToOne softening you up]] as said perpetrator's minions go for the kill... so he can have you join their ranks. Worst of all, these Risen, unlike the maingame ones, [[AndIMustScream retain some of their humanity]], so you will get gems such as "Who am I?", "Which way is home?", and "Thank you..." when you kill them.
* Blazing Sword aka Fire Emblem 7, in the last chapter you have to fight many previous bosses ''that you already killed'' and [[NothingIsScarier none of them have the ability to talk]]. When you kill them, they still say nothing but they '''smile''' as if in gratitude.
* In ''[[VideoGame/FireEmblemTheSacredStones The Sacred Stones]]'', there's [[spoiler:Orson's]] conversation with his wife at the beginning of chapter 16. The joyful, carefree way in which he talks to her, in contrast to [[DullEyesOfUnhappiness the empty look in his eyes]] and of course the fact that his wife [[spoiler:is nothing more than a corpse that can do nothing else than repeat the word "darling" over and over again]]. It's uncanny in the most creepy way.