* Songs that deserve mention for their lyrics include [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaFFgfhzNGg Gothic Lolita]], [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgsCGlOgSNg I Want my Innocence Back]], and [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KkVhxO9jaI I Know Where You Sleep]], but pretty much everything she has ever recorded is at least moderately creepy. And then there's that [[NothingIsScarier heartbeat-like sound]] that keeps showing up...
** "Gothic Lolita" is simultaneously heartbreaking and incredibly disturbing, especially the ghostly chorus of ''"call off the search, we've found her."''
* "306" is this defined, from it's purely hell sent instrumental to it's immensely graphic lyrics and how she just stops singing and lets the music terrify you more. It's designed to horrify you and gets it's message across very well.
---> ''Now I'm freedom unbound''
---> ''Cut the laces of life''
---> ''The pistol, The poison, The noose''
---> ''Or the knife''
---> ''I have chosen my instrument''
---> ''And said no goodbyes''
** First the lyrics, then the deathly strings, then the "pick your instrument" then she stops singing at all...and then you can't walk anywhere alone for five days afterwards.
* "Miss Lucy Had Some Leeches." The cheery way she sings it, like she's playing patty-cake make it disturbing. Doubly so, when you realize that this is [[ColdBloodedTorture not too far off from the truth]].
** In the same vein, ''Girls! Girls! Girls!''. It sounds like a cheery Broadway showtune, but it's about a bunch of asylum girls (many of whom probably aren't even crazy) being used as an attraction... in more ways than one.
-->''For a little extra on the side, we can arrange for a slightly more'' intimate ''encounter... Wink, wink!''
* "Hollow Like My Soul". The music sounds like a fusion between Emilie's ethereal "Enchant" style, and her '40s-inspired "Jane Brooks" style. The lyrics... well:
--->You think that you'll get by
--->You will die
--->You will cry
--->When you think that you'll survive
--->Just don't try
--->Run and hide
--->My eyes are hollow like my soul
* "Scavenger." The implications of the song include: Murder, necrophilia, pedophilia and cutting up a corpse for it's organs to sell on the black market.
---> Your loved ones may sit upon your stone to prevent me, but I will be waiting
---> I will be waiting
* "Liar", especially remixed (Angelspit and Metalocalypse) is flat out this.
* "4 O'Clock" is about a (mental disorder-related) ''inability'' to sleep.
* The screaming in the acoustic version of "Mad Girl," particularly the sudden scream of [[DoesThisRemindYouOfAnything LIAR!]] that isn't in the electric one.
* [[http://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_funk/3376503521/in/set-72157615700298358/ Emilie as the Rat Queene]] at the beginning of the show, for the tours from fall 2008 onward.
* "Organ Grinder." Gadzooks. Especially once you realize it's from the ''Saw'' soundtrack... "I paid for your silence" indeed.
* "In The Lake", especially when you read TheAsylumForWaywardVictorianGirls, and find out that Emilie really did try to drown herself in the lake behind her boyfriend's house.
* "Fight Like A Girl" any track, either for it's LyricalDissonance or for it's outrageous violent instrumental elements (And screams)