* The description of the Count crawling out of the window and across the stone wall (with several hundred feet of sheer cliff face below it) and into another window is terrifying.
** NightmareRetardant: Until you realize what gravity would do to your cape and clothing when you are upside down...
* Dracula's mortal minions laughing at Jonathan's predicament when he looks to them for help, and turning the correspondence he entrusted to them back over to his captor.
* That village woman coming to the castle to demand her baby back. After the Brides already [[EatsBabies ate him]]. Shouting abuse at the helpless Jonathan, who doesn't pity for her when the wolves come since he feels that her fate was better then finding out that the vampire women had devoured her child.
* Renfield, in a moment of clarity, begging to be removed from the place where he can do most damage in his madness, only to be utterly dismissed by the heroes.
** His [[RedemptionEqualsDeath brutal death at Dracula's hands]] [[TheDogBitesBack after he 'betrays' the vampire by trying to save Miss Mina]] is pretty chilling too. The fact that it's described in such detail doesn't help.
* Dracula's metaphorical rape of Mina -- which only gets worse when she has to re-tell it from her point of view -- is especially graphic and chilling.
* How quickly and brutally the men turn on Vampire!Lucy, calling her "wanton" and "voluptuous" and talking about how "impure" she is now before crowding around her and hammering a three-foot long and three-inch thick wooden stake through her chest, leading to one of the goriest portions of the book, is dripping with misogyny and UnfortunateImplications. College discussions on this scene draw parallels to gang rape, honor killings, and violence against prostitutes in Victorian times.
** In fairness the girl they'd loved has become an undead predator on small children - it's sheer luck she hasn't killed one of them - that justifies a certain negativity I think. After the stake has been hammered home the vampiric stigmata fade from her face and a lovely look of peace takes his place and the men weep for their Lucy.
* Dracula sucks so much blood from Lucy that even her ''gums'' are rendered pale!
* The ship captain's ApocalypticLog detailing Dracula picking off his crew one by one [[NothingIsScarier while remaining hidden in the shadows]].
* The villagers referring to Dracula's castle as hell incarnate.