* In both games, you learn new abilities by [[CannibalismSuperpower eating your enemies]] for atma points. The second game reveals [[spoiler: the real world is in ruins, stuck under a sun that always shines black, and the ''sunlight turns anyone not infected with the demon virus to stone!'']]
* The consequences of the Demon Virus. [[HorrorHunger Endless hunger]]. [[AxCrazy Mindless rage]]. [[FakeMemories Losing]] [[LossOfIdentity yourself]]. ''[[DemonicPossession And that's if you're lucky]]''. When you gain extra atma points if you use Hunt skills to finish your enemies. Rather than killing them and ''then'' devouring them, ''[[EatenAlive you eat them alive]]''. Once infected, you can never stop eating, or you risk the demon inside just going berserk, overruling whatever higher brain functions you may still have in working order beyond the maddening hunger, and wantonly attacking anything. In rare cases, the demon virus will go so far with you, it will literally overwrite ''everything'' in there. [[AndThenJohnWasAZombie And then, there's nothing left in there, but a demon]]. Problem is, if the virus has gone this far, it's likely it's a strong demon with ideas and intelligence of its own, and it's gonna go find food and shelter - AKA your friends, family and home...
* Anahata's Citadel area has a few sections where you must face a variety of busts with GlowingEyesOfDoom. Blue-eyed status are safe, but the red-eyed status will drop you into a basement if you stand in front of them, and yellow-eyed ones will change to blue- or red-eyed once as you approach them. There's one room where [[JumpScare there's a red-eyed statue in front of you and nothing else!]]
* Coordinate 136 is an [[AmusementParkOfDoom abandoned amusement park castle]]. To start, the music that plays in it is creepy as all hell, and gradually changes as you go up the floors. One section has you trying to spot a portrait that's different from the others; running past the other portraits will instead [[JumpScare drop you into a basement]]. One later floor has you solving a light puzzle in near-pitch darkness. As you progress, you're told the tale of a "good prince" and an "evil prince" trying to win over the heart of a princess, and later excerpts of the story [[spoiler:are drowned out in conveneint static, and [[NothingIsScarier start mentioning things like a "truly good prince" and a "truly evil prince" without explicitly describing what's going on]], implying that there's more to the story than what you're coherently told.]]
* ''Everything'' about the Meat Factories in the second game. To wit, Madame Cuvier's "plan" for the salvation of Humanity goes like this: "[[WithUsOrAgainstUs Anyone who wants to follow me]], we'll transform into [[CannibalismSuperpower Tun]][[HorrorHunger ers]]. Anyone who disagrees with me, ''[[ImAHumanitarian we'll transform into dinner]]''."
* Jenna Angel on the other hand, just wants to turn ''everyone'' into Tuners, and plunge the world into a slaughterfest.
* Meganada. Where do we begin? The fact that it had to be frozen to be kept under control; the fact that it has extendable [[BuffySpeak bitey-boobs]] that [[spoiler: try to bite Argilla's arm off and nom on the already severely-injured Roland]]; the fact that [[spoiler: you have to face in on The Sun, and it's a ThatOneBoss]]; or the fact it mindlessly says "INDRA" over and over.
* Serph's [[spoiler: DisneyDeath]] in 2 is essentially the prelude to EVERYTHING going south for the heroes, in particular the moment Sera ''screams'' in horrified despair. Remember: she's still hooked up to God, and the Big Guy Upstairs feels everything she does. Also remember that he's committed at this point to killing humanity with [[TakenForGranite Cuvier Syndrome.]] He hated humanity before: now, he ''DESPISES'' us. Tearing control of the HAARP away from Cuvier while the thing isn't even connected to Him, He begins more or less disintegrating the entire planet. No thunder crashes or booming voices are necessary: it is clear beyond a shadow of a doubt how FURIOUS He is.