* In both games, you learn new abilities by [[CannibalismSuperpower eating your enemies]] for atma points. The second game reveals [[spoiler: the real world is in ruins, stuck under a sun that always shines black, and the ''sunlight turns anyone not infected with the demon virus to stone!'']]
* The consequences of the Demon Virus. [[HorrorHunger Endless hunger]]. [[AxCrazy Mindless rage]]. [[FakeMemories Losing]] [[LossOfIdentity yourself]]. ''[[DemonicPossession And that's if you're lucky]]''. When you gain extra atma points if you use Hunt skills to finish your enemies. Rather than killing them and ''then'' devouring them, ''[[EatenAlive you eat them alive]]''. Once infected, you can never stop eating, or you risk the demon inside just going berserk, overruling whatever higher brain functions you may still have in working order beyond the maddening hunger, and wantonly attacking anything. In rare cases, the demon virus will go so far with you, it will literally overwrite ''everything'' in there. [[AndThenJohnWasAZombie And then, there's nothing left in there, but a demon]]. Problem is, if the virus has gone this far, it's likely it's a strong demon with ideas and intelligence of its own, and it's gonna go find food and shelter - AKA your friends, family and home...
* ''Everything'' about the Meat Factories in the second game. To wit, Madame Cuvier's "plan" for the salvation of Humanity goes like this: "[[WithUsOrAgainstUs Anyone who wants to follow me]], we'll transform into [[CannibalismSuperpower Tun]][[HorrorHunger ers]]. Anyone who disagrees with me, ''[[ImAHumanitarian we'll transform into dinner]]''."
* Jenna Angel on the other hand, just wants to turn ''everyone'' into Tuners, and plunge the world into a slaughterfest.
* Meganada. Where do we begin? The fact that it had to be frozen to be kept under control; the fact that it has extendable [[BuffySpeak bitey-boobs]] that [[spoiler: try to bite Argilla's arm off and nom on the already severely-injured Roland]]; the fact that [[spoiler: you have to face in on The Sun, and it's a ThatOneBoss]]; or the fact it mindlessly says "INDRA" over and over.
* Serph's [[spoiler: DisneyDeath]] in 2 is essentially the prelude to EVERYTHING going south for the heroes, in particular the moment Sera ''screams'' in horrified despair. Remember: she's still hooked up to God, and the Big Guy Upstairs feels everything she does. Also remember that he's committed at this point to killing humanity with [[TakenForGranite Cuvier Syndrome.]] He hated humanity before: now, he ''DESPISES'' us. Tearing control of the HAARP away from Cuvier while the thing isn't even connected to Him, He begins more or less disintegrating the entire planet. No thunder crashes or booming voices are necessary: it is clear beyond a shadow of a doubt how FURIOUS He is.