* In "Little Visitors", we get to see the result of the alien slavers attacking Shanghai... repeatedly. After destroying the city, they rewind time just so they can experience the 'fun' of slaughtering everyone again.
* "Frozen Time". Joe gets stuck in his SuperSpeed mode. He can see everyone, but can't interact -- simply ''touching'' them while constantly acclerating could be catastrophic. The effects [[SanitySlippage this has]] [[GoMadFromTheIsolation on his psyche]] are swift and brutal.
* Heinrich's NoHoldsBarredBeatdown in "Man or Machine?"
* "Black Ghost Lives!" offers a look into the sort of experiments the organization ran on the cyborgs when they were first converting them. It's just as fun as it sounds.
* What happens to Pyunma in "Old Friends" ([[spoiler: a terrible beatdown from a BrainwashedAndCrazy friend and later a heartbreaking ShootTheDog moment]], and the fallout during "Nightmare of Van Bogoot" [[spoiler: where his body is almost torn apart.]]
* How [[spoiler: Nicholas]] died in the Psychic Assassins's arc. [[spoiler: Having your neck and maybe ''all of your limbs'' snapped via telekinesis]] is a TERRIBLE way to die, and for worse the Cyborgs try to help but even with all their powers, they can't do ''anything''.
* In the 1979 arc, [[http://boogieonthebeach.tumblr.com/post/20671724759 Jet has an arm ripped off him]]. If it was bad enough to see him getting a leg almost destroyed in the 2001 series [[spoiler: twice]], then this is said scene taken UpToEleven. Specially when there's a close-up to the poor guy's horrified, pain-stricken face...
* See that allusion to Pyunma's [[spoiler:NearDeathExperience]] in the 2001 series? It's much, MUCH worse in the original manga. As in "[[spoiler:mangled to the point all that's left is his HEAD]]" worse.