* In "Little Visitors", we get to see the result of the alien slavers attacking Shanghai... repeatedly. After destroying the city, they rewind time just so they can experience the 'fun' of slaughtering everyone again.
* "Frozen Time". Joe gets stuck in his SuperSpeed mode. He can see everyone, but can't interact -- simply ''touching'' them while constantly acclerating could be catastrophic. The effects [[SanitySlippage this has]] [[GoMadFromTheIsolation on his psyche]] are swift and brutal.
* Heinrich's NoHoldsBarredBeatdown in "Man or Machine?"
* "Black Ghost Lives!" offers a look into the sort of experiments the organization ran on the cyborgs when they were first converting them. It's just as fun as it sounds.
* What happens to Pyunma in "Old Friends" ([[spoiler: a terrible beatdown from a BrainwashedAndCrazy friend and later a heartbreaking ShootTheDog moment]], and the fallout during "Nightmare of Van Bogoot" [[spoiler: where his body is almost torn apart.]]
* How [[spoiler: Nicholas]] died in the Psychic Assassins's arc. [[spoiler: Having your neck and maybe ''all of your limbs'' snapped via telekinesis]] is a TERRIBLE way to die, and for worse the Cyborgs try to help but even with all their powers, they can't do ''anything''.
* In the 1979 arc, [[http://boogieonthebeach.tumblr.com/post/20671724759 Jet has an arm ripped off him]]. If it was bad enough to see him getting a leg almost destroyed in the 2001 series [[spoiler: twice]], then this is said scene taken UpToEleven. Specially when there's a close-up to the poor guy's horrified, pain-stricken face...
* See that allusion to Pyunma's [[spoiler:NearDeathExperience]] in the 2001 series? It's much, MUCH worse in the original manga. As in "[[spoiler:mangled to the point all that's left is his HEAD]]" worse.
* Albert's battle with his robot double in the manga's "The Bizarre Machine" (the story adapted into "Man or Machine?") is a little more bittersweet than the ultimately heartwarming anime version, mainly because viewers are treated to a brutal few panels of [[spoiler: the fake Albert stamping on a nest of owlets to silence their peeping (in an attempt to hide from the real deal), followed by him murdering the mother owl.]]
* In "The Snow Carnival", [[spoiler: the Snow Witch murdering tourists by chopping their heads off, followed by the revelation that the Snow Witch is Linda, a young woman who's being gradually converted into a cyborg due to her organs being harvested for her adoptive sister Lena.]]
!!!Conclusion: God's War (Manga)
* The cyborgs being laid waste to and horribly mutilated, necessitating new upgrades for each. [[spoiler: Among the numerous mutilations: Francoise has both her eyes gouged out and loses her right arm, Albert loses BOTH arms and his right leg, G-Junior's skin is terribly damaged, and Joe loses his left arm.]]
* Francoise [[spoiler: gouging out her newly improved cybernetic eyes, and THEN putting her gun-hand to her head in suicidal despair.]]
* After [[spoiler: the sacrifices of Changku and Albert, the giant Buddha attacks the remaining men on the team, one by one. G.B. loses an arm and is later crushed to death by the Buddha's foot, G-Junior loses a leg, and Jet has his lower half entirely disintegrated.]]