* "Queens of the Circulating Library", a nearly [[EpicRocking fifty-minute track]] mostly composed of resonant drones, goes into this territory about halfway through, with a spoken-word piece that ends up invoking NothingIsScarier.
* Their side-project Zos Kia has the song "Rape", inspired by personal experience, specifically that of their vocalist. It becomes very intense very quickly.
** "Poisons" isn't any easier to listen to either.
* In a similar vein, "The Tenderness of Wolves", if only due to the looping infant screams.
* The entirety of ''Horse Rotorvator'' is a masterpiece of musical Nightmare Fuel from start to finish.
** "The Anal Staircase" opens with the [[GutturalGrowler discordant vocals]] of John Balance singing about angels tearing each other apart in ecstasy above samples of laughing children.
** "Blood from the Air", especially the tape solo. That, and the lyrics, which pretty much about detailed SceneryGorn.
** "Circles of Mania," which sees Jhonn ecstatically [[LargeHam hamming]] his way through WordSaladLyrics which mercilessly kludge together eroticism, violence, nihilism, and Roman history. "Slur" is mostly similar, albeit with a haunting falsetto vocal and creepy brass arrangements.
** The crown jewel, however, may be "Ostia (The Death Of [[Film/SaloOrThe120DaysOfSodom Pasolini]]). Balance's DullSurprise works in conveying a worthlessness to life accented by the work and mysterious murder of the titular Italian director.
*** [[MadnessMantra Killed to keep the world turning, killed to keep the world turning...]]
* The ''Music to Play in the Dark'' duology, which manages to keep up a consistently unsettling atmosphere throughout.
* "It's in My Blood," primarily due to its [[SpeakingSimlish shrieked, blabbering vocals]] and the dramatic orchestra playing in- and out-of-time with the already ominous beat.
* "Things Happen." First we have Jhonn's distorted shouting, then Annie Anxiety's sultry-voiced spoken word, loaded with creepy innuendo and implication, all to a rather tense melody.
* One of their albums, ''Constant Shallowness Leads to Evil'' is full of nightmare fuel. "Higher Beings Command" is a bitcrushed noise jam, "I Am the Green Child" is a distorted, psychedelic singalong, and the "Tunnel of Goats" set is [[SensoryAbuse pure, warped noise]], along with phased vocals by Jhonn.