!! The Huxley novel
* For John, the hundreds of human clones who he describes as "long rows of identical midgets" and "human maggots squirming over beds of death."
* For many readers, the idea of being born and pre-programmed on an assembly line, possibly waiting to be made mentally handicapped, and being forced into a caste position for the rest of your life. And nobody is going to mourn you after you die.
!! The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon fanfic
* [[ImAHumanitarian Cho]][[AnythingThatMoves bin]] and Prof. Tarantulas ARE this trope.
* Almost the ENTIRETY of the Tree of Life saga, and any scene in the Nihilators base, ''especially'' in Tarantulas' lab.
* What the Nihilators do to torture [[spoiler: Dawn]]. The heroes don't even see any of it when she has to relive the experience in her mind.
* [[spoiler: James's death at the hands of Leviathan.]] Made worse because [[spoiler: being immortal let him live through being gibbed by the final attack.]]
* How Bellum's group [[ImpaledWithExtremePrejudice decorates]] the tracks of Dusty Ditch.
** Which is one upped by [[spoiler: Oblivion's Shadow's display in Chapter 61]]
* [[spoiler: Ash's nightmare in Chapter 54. Good lord. WordOfGod states it was inspired by VideoGame/DeadSpace2]]
* [[spoiler: Oblivion's Shadow]] proves he's NOT screwing around during his display in Chapter 61. He highlights that by [[spoiler: ripping out a hapless Pokemon's Aura.]] It's not pleasant.