[[caption-width-right:350:From left to right: Olli Vänskä, Jaakko Jakku, Mathias Nygård, Robert Engstrand, Jussi Wickström, Jesper Anastasiadis]]
->''The heart of Turisas was forged by four winds
->In a smithy high up in the skies
->On an anvil honour, with a hammer of blood
->The Four Winds pounded''
Turisas is a battle/folk/viking metal band from Hämeenlinna, Finland, formed in 1997. Their name comes from Iku-Turso, an ancient god of war in the Finnish mythology. Their debut album ''Battle Metal'' pretty much named and kick-started an entire subgenre of Music/HeavyMetal.
* Mathias "Warlord" Nygård : vocals, percussion
* Jussi Wickström : guitar
* Jesper Anastasiadis : bass guitar
* Jaakko Jakku : drums
* Olli Vänskä : violin
* Robert Engstrand : keyboards
* Antti "Pormestari" Laurila: Accordion
* Riku Ylitalo: Keyboard, Accordion
* Mikko Törmikoski: Bass
* Janne "Lisko" Mäkinen: Accordion
* Tino Ahola: Bass
* Antti Ventola: Keyboard
* Wincef Boncamper: Accordion
* Ari Kärkkäinen: Guitar
* Georg Laakso: Guitar (1999 - 2005)
* Sami Aarnio: Bass
* Netta Skog: Back Vocals, Accordéon (2008 - 2011)
* Hannes "Hannu" Horma: Bass, Back Vocals (2004 - 2011)
* Tuomas "Tude" Lehtonen: Drums, Percussions (1997 - 2012)
* Jukka-Pekka Miettinen: Bass (2011 - 2012)
* ''The Heart of Turisas'' EP (2001)
* ''Battle Metal'' (2004)
* ''The Varangian Way'' (2007)
* ''Stand Up and Fight'' (2011)
* ''Turisas2013'' (2013)
!! This band provides examples of:
* BadassMustache: Jussi used to sport [[http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lugh30r6431qcol0no1_1280.jpg quite an impressive one]].
* BilingualBonus: Several of their songs contain Finnish, Swedish and Russian.
* BloodKnight : Being a Viking Metal band, lots of their songs (and their costumes) give off this vibe. When your lead singer is nicknamed 'Warlord,' it kinda comes with the territory.
* BreadAndCircuses : Venetoi - Prasinoi is ''all over this trope.'' "Ladies and gentlemen! The main event of tonight:/On chariots of fire!"
* TheCasanova: Rasputin, according to "Rasputin."
* ConceptAlbum: ''The Varangian Way'' tells the story of a group of Scandinavians traveling the river routes of medieval Russia down to the Byzantine empire. The story continues on "The March of the Varangian Guard", the opening track of ''Stand Up and Fight''.
* DrunkenSong: "One More".
* EpicRocking : The song "End of an Empire" is a more literal example of this, being a seven minute long song (longer than their standard fare) about, well, ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin.
* FaceYourFears: "Fear The Fear" tells us to do this instead of hiding our heads in the sand.
--> And you think you are bold, and you think you are brave
--> When push comes to shove, you know it's a feign
--> You're better off if you choose to abstain
--> Your fear is your true grave
* HornyVikings : They feature a few in their lyrics. For example, "The March of the Varangian Guard" is a song dedicated to the Varangian Guard, a group of Norse warriors that swore fealty to the Byzantine Emperor.
* LargeHam: They're ''very'' theatrical.
--> ''"Go now, and don't look back! Give my greeting to the Greek king!"''
* NewSoundAlbum: ''[=Turisas2013=]'', which toned down tremendously the pompous orchestrations that were so prominent part of their sound in previous albums, aiming for a more organic rock sound with a touch of punk. The band even described it as the antithesis of ''Stand Up and Fight''.
* TitleTrack: "Battle Metal" and "Stand Up and Fight".
* RasputinTheMadMonk: Russia's greatest love machine!
* RevolvingDoorBand: Just look at the list of former members. None of their albums have been made with the same line-up.
* ShownTheirWork: Lyrics in ''The Varangian Way'' and ''Stand Up and Fight'' show aplenty of knowledge of the medieval Eastern Europe, viking trade routes and Byzantine Empire.
* WarIsGlorious : Almost all of their songs are about battle and fighting. Including, surprisingly enough, 'Battle Metal.'