'''Train''' is an Adult Alternative/pop rock band from California, consisting of Pat Monahan, Jimmy Stafford, and Scott Underwood. Signed to Creator/ColumbiaRecords since 1998, they have released six albums.
The band first made itself known in 1998 with "Free", and hit the Top 40 for the first time with "Meet Virginia" a year later. Their next two hits, "Drops of Jupiter (Tell Me)" and "Calling All Angels", came in two year increments. Then in 2009, they made their big comeback with "Hey, Soul Sister", their most successful single to date. Since then, they've maintained a steady presence on the charts.
!!"Tell me, did the tropes sweep you off your feet?":
* AgeProgressionSong: "This'll Be My Year"
* BreakupSong: "50 Ways to Say Goodbye" is arguably a StealthParody of this trope.
* BlatantLies: "50 Ways to Say Goodbye" does not list 50 ways to say goodbye.
* TheFourChordsOfPop: "Hey, Soul Sister"
* NewOldWest: "Angel In Blue Jeans" has a country vein, the title woman is compared to a gunslinger, and it even has a Western-inspired video featuring DannyTrejo.
* NewSoundAlbum: Their first few albums were built on the style of roots-y alt. rock that was popular in the late 90s/early 2000s. Starting with ''Save Me, San Francisco'', they decided to evolve with the times with more of a country-pop style that's helped them make a huge comeback.
* NotStayingForBreakfast: "Drive By" is about how he regrets doing this.
* OneWomanSong: "Meet Virginia", "Angel In Blue Jeans"
* RearrangeTheSong: "Hey, Soul Sister" was even sent to CountryMusic with mandolin, banjo and fiddle dubbed in.
* ShoutOut: "50 Ways To Say Goodbye" borrows it's title (and partially the concept) from Music/PaulSimon's "50 Ways To Leave Your Lover."
* SillyLoveSongs: "Marry Me", "If It's Love", "Hey, Soul Sister"
* TitleTrack: ''Drops of Jupiter'', though the title song from that album has its most recurring lyrics ([[RefrainFromAssuming Tell Me]]) as its subtitle.
* VocalEvolution: Pat Monahan's voice has gotten a ''lot'' higher.
* WhatDoesSheSeeInHim: "Mermaid" contains a mention:
-->Sharks [[GreenEyedMonster green with envy]]\\
They wonder what you see in me\\
Funny but sometimes [[ICantBelieveAGuyLikeYouWouldNoticeMe can't help but wonder that as well]]
* WordSaladLyrics: A recurring feature of their songs, particularly "Hey, Soul Sister" and "Drive By". WebVideo/ToddInTheShadows has joked that Pat Monahan is a schizophrenic with aphasia.
* WordSaladTitle: ''Bulletproof Picasso''.