Thomas Rhett Akins Jr (born March 30, 1990), better known as Thomas Rhett, is a CountryMusic singer from TheNewTens. He is the son of Rhett Akins, who had a couple hits in TheNineties and switched to songwriting in the noughties (both by himself and as one-third of The Peach Pickers). Thomas Rhett is signed to Big Machine Records, an indie label that is also home to Music/TimMcGraw, Music/TaylorSwift, and Music/RascalFlatts.
Rhett made his debut in 2012 with "Something to Do with My Hands", followed by "Beer with Jesus", both of which made Top 20 on the country charts, but his breakthrough came in 2013 when "It Goes Like This" spent three weeks at the top of the country airplay charts, followed by "Get Me Some of That" and "Make Me Wanna". His second album produced further chart-toppers with "Crash and Burn", "Die a Happy Man" (his biggest hit to date), "T-Shirt", and "Star of the Show". ''Life Changes'' has produced the singles "Craving You" (featuring Maren Morris) and "Unforgettable".
* ''Thomas Rhett (EP)'' (2012)
* ''It Goes Like This'' (2013)
* ''Tangled Up'' (2015)
* ''Life Changes'' (2017)
* AdvertisedExtra: Maren Morris is credited for her backing vocals on "Craving You".
* BreakupSong: "Crash and Burn" has the narrator admitting it's his fault.
* BrokenWinLossStreak: After six #1 hits in a row, "Vacation" stalled out at #30 due to it being a ''very'' polarizing song.
* CassandraTruth: He acknowledges that "I'd tell everyone but no one would believe it" in "Beer with Jesus".
** [[DidWeJustHaveTeaWithCthulhu Did I Just Have Beer With Jesus?]]
* DoubleEntendre: "Something to Do With My Hands" is full of these.
* GenreRoulette: Although he is one of the front-runners of the "bro-country" trend of TheNewTens, he seems to be better at dressing it up than most, such as the disco feel of "Make Me Wanna". He also dabbles with R&B on "Crash and Burn".
* RearrangeTheSong: He re-cut the vocal track for the single release of "Make Me Wanna".
* SexyShirtSwitch: The subject of "T-Shirt" ("I ain't ever seen anything like your dress, my floor, the way you wore my T-Shirt").
* StuffyOldSongsAboutTheButtocks: "Get Me Some of That" is a borderline example as he mentions "shaking that moneymaker".
* ThisIsYourSong: "It Goes Like This".