Thomas Rhett Akins Jr, better known as Thomas Rhett, is a CountryMusic singer from TheNewTens. He is the son of Rhett Akins, who had a couple hits in TheNineties and switched to songwriting in the noughties (both by himself and as one-third of The Peach Pickers). Thomas Rhett is signed to Big Machine Records, an indie label that is also home to Music/TimMcGraw, Music/TaylorSwift, and Music/RascalFlatts.
Rhett made his debut in 2012 with "Something to Do with My Hands", followed by "Beer with Jesus", both of which made Top 20 on the country charts, but his breakthrough came in 2013 when "It Goes Like This" spent three weeks at the top of the country airplay charts, followed by a second #1 in 2014 with "Get Me Some of That".
* CassandraTruth: He acknowledges that "I'd tell everyone but no one would believe it" in "Beer with Jesus".
** [[DidYouJustHaveTeaWithCthulhu Did You Just Have Beer With Jesus?]]
* DoubleEntendre: "Something to Do With My Hands" is full of these.
* RearrangeTheSong: He re-cut the vocal track for the single release of "Make Me Wanna".
* StuffyOldSongsAboutTheButtocks: "Get Me Some of That" is a borderline example as he mentions "shaking that moneymaker".
* ThisIsYourSong: "It Goes Like This".