The Cab is a rock band from Las Vegas. They started out under Decaydance for their first record (Whisper War, 2008) but managed to record and publish the second one (Symphony Soldier, 2011) independently.
Their current line up consists of Alexander [=DeLeon=] (lead vocals), Joey Thunder (bass), Dave Briggs (drums), and Chance Johnson (guitar, backing vocals, cello). Former members included Alex Marshall (piano, guitar, backing vocals), [[Music/PanicAtTheDisco Ian Crawford]] (guitar, backing vocals), Cash Colligan (bass, backing vocals), Alex Johnson (drums), Paul Garcia (guitar) and Bryan Dawson (guitar).
The band was first formed by Alexander [=DeLeon=] and Cash Colligan when they started playing music together at high school. Their first show with a full line-up was in 2005 at The Alley in Las Vegas.
They got signed under Decaydance after giving a demo to Spencer Smith at a concert. After they got signed they replaced Paul Garcia with Ian Crawford who moved from Washington to join them.
* EveryoneCallsHimBarkeep: Well, "Singer". [=DeLeon=] was, for the longest time, referred to as "Singer", by everyone.
* FunWithAcronyms: The Cab used to be stylized as The [=CAB=], because it stood for The Cash and Alex Band, after the two founding members Cash Colligan and Alex [=DeLeon=].
* ItIsPronouncedTroPAY: "[=DeLeon=]" is apparently pronounced "Dee-lee-own".
* LastNameBasis: That's what happens when you have three guys all names Alex in the same band at the same time. They were referred to as (Alex) Marshall, (Alex) Johnson, and then (Alex [=DeLeon=]) Singer.
* OneSteveLimit: Averted. The line-up for the first record had three of five band members called Alex. Two of them have since left, leaving [=DeLeon=] the only Alex.
* ShotgunsAreJustBetter: I'm an angel ''with a shotgun.''