The Cab is a rock band from Las Vegas. They started out under Decaydance for their first record (Whisper War, 2008) but managed to record and published the second one (Symphony Soldier, 2011) independently.
Their current line up consists of Alexander [=DeLeon=] (lead vocals), Alex Marshall (piano, guitar, backing vocals) and Joey Thunder (bass).
Former members included [[PanicAtTheDisco Ian Crawford]] (guitar, backing vocals), Cash Colligan (bass, backing vocals), Alex Johnson (drums), Paul Garcia (guitar) and Bryan Dawson (guitar).
The band was mostly formed by Alexander [=DeLeon=] and Cash Colligan when they started playing music together at high school.
Their first show with a full line-up was in 2005 at The Alley in Las Vegas.
They got signed under Decaydance after giving a demo to [[PanicAtTheDisco Spencer Smith]] at a concert. After they got signed they replaced Paul Garcia with Ian Crawford who moved from Washington to join them.
* CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming: The song "Endlessly" off ''Symphony Soldier''.
-->''Yeah, I'm no angel, I'm just me''
-->''But I will love you endlessly.''
** "This City's Contagious", which has a marvelously uplifting tune, and equally uplifting lyrics.
* EveryoneCallsHimBarkeep: Well, "Singer". [=DeLeon=] was, for the longest time, referred to as "Singer", by everyone.
* FunWithAcronyms: The Cab used to be stylized as The [=CAB=], because it stood for The Cash and Alex Band, after the two founding members Cash Colligan and Alex [=DeLeon=].
* ItIsPronouncedTroPAY: "[=DeLeon=]" is apparently pronounced "Dee-lee-own".
* OneSteveLimit: Averted. The line-up for the first record had three of five band members called Alex. And the current line-up still contains two Alexes.
* OnlyKnownByTheirNickname: Or, rather, last name. (Alex) Marshall, (Alex) Johnson, and then (Alex [=DeLeon=]) Singer.
* ShotgunsAreJustBetter: I'm an angel ''with a shotgun.''