Smile Empty Soul is a post-grunge band formed in 1998 in Santa Clarita, California. They have so far released six albums (''Smile Empty Soul'', ''Anxiety'', ''Vultures'', ''Consciousness'', ''3's'' and ''Chemicals''). It's current line-up consists of Sean Danielsen, Ryan Martin and Jake Kilmer.
This band provides examples of:
* CueTheSun: Morning Light.
* EmptyShell: Empty soul, actually.
* IndecipherableLyrics: In "Bottom of a bottle" is the lyric "I do it just to feel like I'm ahhh ahh ahhhhahhh!" (Its supposed to be "Feel like I'm alive!")
* RomanticizedAbuse: Implied in "Don't Ever Leave" between the singer and the person he's singing about.
* SelfTitledAlbum: Their very first album is named after the band itself.
* SlidingScaleOfIdealismVsCynicism: Go ahead and try to find one positive thought in any of their songs. We'll wait.
* StepfordSmiler: Invoked with their actual name, no less.
* WarIsHell: "This is war" and "God's army" are both good examples.