Smile Empty Soul is a post-grunge band formed in 1998 in Santa Clarita, California. They have so far released six albums (''Smile Empty Soul'', ''Anxiety'', ''Vultures'', ''Consciousness'', ''3's'' and ''Chemicals''). It's current line-up consists of Sean Danielsen, Ryan Martin and Jake Kilmer.
This band provides examples of:
* AlternativeMetal: Their heaviest songs.
* CueTheSun: Morning Light.
* EmptyShell: Empty soul, actually.
* IndecipherableLyrics: Frequently. Notable mentions are "Bottom of a Bottle", in which the lyric "I do it just to feel like I'm alive" sounds like "I do it just to feel like I'm ahhh ahh ahhhhahhh!", and "Therapy", in which the entire chorus is just...well, you try to figure out what he's saying.
* PostGrunge: One of the most respected bands in the genre's history.
* RomanticizedAbuse: Implied in "Don't Ever Leave" between the singer and the person he's singing about.
* SelfTitledAlbum: Their very first album is named after the band itself.
* SlidingScaleOfIdealismVsCynicism: Go ahead and try to find one positive thought in any of their songs. We'll wait.
* StepfordSmiler: Invoked with their actual name, no less.
* WarIsHell: "This is war" and "God's army" are both good examples.