[[caption-width-right:187:Dressed for BUSINESS.]]
Rjd2 (born Ramble John "RJ" Krohn) is a hip-hop DJ, producer, singer, multi-instrumentalist, and songwriter. In the wake of the many, many, many Music/DJShadow wannabes that sprang up in the early 2000s, Rjd2 stood apart as an original, making innovative and often uptempo instrumental hip-hop tracks with his first two albums (''Deadringer'' and ''Since We Last Spoke'', on Def Jux). And then, cue ''The Third Hand'', on XL Recordings, which [[BrokenBase sharply split the fanbase]] into those who liked the sampler virtuoso of the first two albums, and the more indie rock crowd who liked the new singer/songwriter approach. His most recent album ''The Colossus'', released on The Orchard marked yet another departure, into more producer-like territory with a much larger number of guest stars than any previous albums.
* ''Your Face or Your Kneecaps'': 2001 (Notable as being his first release, but was only a mix album)
* ''Deadringer'': 2002: Def Jux
* ''Since We Last Spoke'': 2004: Def Jux
* ''Magnificent City'' with Aceyalone: 2006: Def Jux
* ''The Third Hand'': 2007: XL Recordings/RJ's Electrical Connections
* ''The Colossus'': 2010: The Orchard/RJ's Electrical Connections
!!Tropes that apply to Rjd2
* BrokenBase - Between fans of ''Deadringer'' and ''Since We Last Spoke'' and fans of the later albums, as well as those who like both.
* NewSoundAlbum - ''Third Hand'' and ''The Colossus'', the former focused on conventional music, the latter returned to sampling, but had a darker sound.
* MemeticMutation - THE HORROR.
* OneOfUs - He's a huge geek, notably, he's a fan of ''TheTwilightZone''. Unsurprisingly, a lot of Deadringer has this.
* SampledUp - Unsurprising, given his sources.
* Sampling - Well....yeah....he ''is'' a DJ.